Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you enjoy a healthy relationship with your father? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you enjoy a healthy relationship with your father?
    Yes, We're close.
    46.63%
    No.
    53.37%

ReputationRep:
    Nope haven't spoken to him in years.
    Don't get on that well with my stepdad either...
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    I get on brilliantly with my dad, pretty much always have done.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all - my dad is such a loner that he only talks at people, he doesnt care about anything that doesn't directly involve him. He is also very stuborn that it drives me insane.
    For example I cant ask him for lifts anywhere as he doesnt want to be a taxi - but now my friends have to taxi me everywhere
    constantly walking on eggshells as he is so easily offended - which is really bad as i do need him to drive me and my stuff to uni so from now until then i just have to stay out of his way and not talk to him.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I honestly can't wait to leave..
    Ditto to this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Does he want it to prove you're related, if he has an idea you're not his... or is he simply doing it in pure hope that it'll be negative? Very Jeremy Kyle!
    Thanks for making me sound common!

No, he has said he wants one because I'm suing him under Schedule 1 of the Children's Act.

Before that, he left me when I was 2. I didn't see him for 14 years & he moved on with his life. He doesn't care about me.

ReputationRep:
    We have a shared acknowledgement that people like him shouldn't have kids.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do. He gets on really well with me and my siblings, always there when we need it, but knows when to leave us be.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. He's a lazy douchebag, who never did a hard days work to provide for his family until he became a bus driver last year. Too little too late imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebayqueen)
    My dad has ordered me to have a DNA test out of spite.
    He's just decided that he doesn't want anything to do with me.
    Well, fair enough, some are bad, like rapists and stuff, but generally, *****ing about something small, like him making you do the washing up or something, pales into insignificance when you consider your life without them.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, havent spoken to him in 6 years.

ReputationRep:
    My dad thinks I hate him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    My dad thinks I hate him.
    Do you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am close to my dad, as I am to my mother aswel

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do... i'd say he's a protective person, always curious about what i did suring my days at school or at home.
    He's really cool, but sometimes, really embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Then again he lives in Australia and I haven't seen him for eleven or twelve years.
    Cool beans.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get on well with my dad, it'd be a nightmare if I didn't as my sister and my mam both moved out years ago. I respect him as he's never really told me what to do with my life or what direction I should take, he's always sort of just guided me and accepted whatever choices I've made, whether he agreed with them or not. And we always make sure we have a laugh and don't take life too seriously, so yeah, he's a top dad I feel really lucky

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see my dad enough to say that we have a relationship of any kind. He's always working abroad and trying to get in touch with him is like trying to contact an international man of mystery. Perhaps he actually works for MI6 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think my life would be much better if he wasn't around, it was defo better when he was in africa, I just wish he'd go back or something.

no. hes dead now so theres nothing much i can do

ReputationRep:
    I live with my grandparents and we get along fine.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.