Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you enjoy a healthy relationship with your father? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you enjoy a healthy relationship with your father?
    Yes, We're close.
    46.63%
    No.
    53.37%

ReputationRep:
    My dad is a nutcase. He is selfish and no one in my family talks to him. HA

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. Me and my father are complete opposites.

If he dropped dead at this very moment I would never know or find out. If he passed by me on the street I wouldn't know it was him.

I hate that he was a coward and I sort of hate him but I would still like a relationship with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    not really that easy. . .
    Well by speaking and trying to slowly build back up a relationship i suppose you could be slowly forgiving him

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, sometimes we don't talk as much as I'd like to.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. The man makes me feel guilty for enjoying my youth.

ReputationRep:
    It surprises me a little that no is more popular than yes on this poll. I have a very good relationship with my dad, our personalities gel and I generally get spoiled by him

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen my dad in one and a half years. He missed my twenty first birthday and my graduation, meh. Let him rot

ReputationRep:
    Me and my dad are very close, we just get on.

ReputationRep:
    I speak to him about 4 times a year, for about 10 minutes each time, so its probably not very healthy really.

ReputationRep:
    I love both my mum and dad, but I get on miles better with my dad. He's ace! LOL

ReputationRep:
    I adore him, though I'm pretty horrible to him. He's amazing. Though he probably thinks I don't respect him/care for him. He has a really low paid job and does the night shift, yet he always works his hardest to provide for me and my sister.

When I was younger 90% of my memories are great; he used to take me out for ice creams and every sunday he took me to McDonalds and to the cinema and stuff. He used to buy me a book every week because I loved them. We used to go to parks together and to the zoo and all sorts. He used to wake me up at 5AM in the morning of the summer holidays everyday so we could watch Cartoon Network together.

He was incredible in so many ways, though having said that he was slightly manic depressive and could go completely ******* psycho crazy at times.

ReputationRep:
    I love my daddy soo much. Its my mother that i dont get on as wel with... shes a wileeee **** sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    i clicked no, but when i was thinking of reasons to justify this, i realised how lovely he is can i change my vote? :unsure:

the reason i clicked no is because he works away from home so i only see him saturday (which is lucky i know) but i wouldn't consider it 'healthy' because i want to see him more and we have drifted apart

ReputationRep:
    No. According to my Dad, i am:

A waste of space.
    Not good enough.
    Lazy.
    Stupid.
    Ugly.

My parents are divorced. My Dad is the one person in the whole world who can make me feel like the smallest, most worthless and disgusting human being ever. He used to do the same to my Mum. Oh, and apparently it was HER fault when i ended up in the hospital with anorexia.

ReputationRep:
    I have a great relationship with my dad - we share similar interests, have the same sense of humour, the same sarcastic nature and generally we get on very well.

ReputationRep:
    I never see mine, despite us living in the same house.

ReputationRep:
    No. He's dead. Hadn't seen or heard from him in 13 years before that as he ****** off out of the country. My sister had only just got back in contact with him and she and my mum had spoken to him but I never got to.

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly see the twit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.