Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh and sorry.

(Original post by crazylemon)
    If you had any chance of wining a seat I would vote for you, you don't so it is tories :p:
    We would have a chance of winning a seat if there was appropiate media attention on us, and if the voting system was reformed.

But in the meantime, if you're a libertarian - its worthwhile voting LPUK to give them their deposits back and more importantly to give them the confidence and motivation needed to continue increasing the profile of libertarian issues in politics. Believe me, avid members of LPUK know how many people voted for them in elections to the nearest one vote, and every single one matters to us more than votes matter to the tories.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I don't know whether they can 'better' Britain. What I do know is that I'm not willing to vote for the Labour party. They are a jaded government that have simply lost their way, and brought this country to its knees.

I'm not going to reward them with my vote. Tory-ism might not be the solution, but there has got to be better than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    We would have a chance of winning a seat if there was appropiate media attention on us, and if the voting system was reformed.

But in the meantime, if you're a libertarian - its worthwhile voting LPUK to give them their deposits back and more importantly to give them the confidence and motivation needed to continue increasing the profile of libertarian issues in politics. Believe me, avid members of LPUK know how many people voted for them in elections to the nearest one vote, and every single one matters to us more than votes matter to the tories.
    If I didnt live in a arrear which swing quite substantially (has been tory lib dem and labour all recently) maybe, But il would vastly prefer tory over the other 2. Plus I don''t even know whether you will field a candidate here.

But I do agree with you

(Original post by crazylemon)
    If I didnt live in a arrear which swing quite substantially (has been tory lib dem and labour all recently) maybe, But il would vastly prefer tory over the other 2. Plus I don''t even know whether you will field a candidate here.

But I do agree with you
    Believe me, I am getting on the case of the party regarding the finalising of candidates and confirming where they will stand - but I am pretty sure there will be somebody in Cornwall somewhere. 5-10 in the south west is the aim, apparently. But on the official website only 5 are declared in the entire UK so far. :rolleyes:

But anyway, lib/con/lab is all about big government, fundamentally they all have similar views on the big questions - vote for who you want to obviously, but I really think that you should worry less about the second choice slipping through the back door, and focus more on representing your real opinions in the ballet box. Besides, will your one vote keep tories in and labour/libs out, really?

Kudos for being at least a closet supporter of liberty though, incidently. :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Believe me, I am getting on the case of the party regarding the finalising of candidates and confirming where they will stand - but I am pretty sure there will be somebody in Cornwall somewhere. 5-10 in the south west is the aim, apparently. But on the official website only 5 are declared in the entire UK so far. :rolleyes:

But anyway, lib/con/lab is all about big government, fundamentally they all have similar views on the big questions - vote for who you want to obviously, but I really think that you should worry less about the second choice slipping through the back door, and focus more on representing your real opinions in the ballet box. Besides, will your one vote keep tories in and labour/libs out, really?

Kudos for being at least a closet supporter of liberty though, incidently. :five:
    :ninja: :p:

I will have to think about it...
    If you get someone standing in my constituency then seriously thinking about it.....

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Although, to be honest history has shown pretty much anyone could "better" britain after a Labour government, seemingly destined to always screw Britain over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Yes. Although, to be honest history has shown pretty much anyone could "better" britain after a Labour government, seemingly destined to always screw Britain over.
    Oh, Britain has barely improved since 1997. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Oh, Britain has barely improved since 1997. :rolleyes:
    Following mainly thatcherite policies. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    Following mainly thatcherite policies. :rolleyes:
    Attempting to improve schools, transport, health are Thatcherite policies?

ReputationRep:
    Attempting being the important word here.

Ploughing borrowed money into schools, transport and health is all that NuLab has done essentially.

ReputationRep:
    The health budget and the education budget went up every year up and above inflation during Thatcher's premiership. When will you leftys kearn you can't control schools and health from the centre.

The transport is an issue of the private sector, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I think anythings better than Gordon Brown.
    And anyway all we have seen David Cameron do is talk the talk - sometimes well and sometimes badly - so lets see how he does when actually given a chance. Its worth the risk considering how **** a job GB is doing.

Theres a reason he has the same initials as George Bush.

ReputationRep:
    They can better Britain, only in so much as they can take us away from the labour-powered madness that has gone on far too long already.

But after the Tories have been in power a few years, we will be as sick of them as we are of Labour now, and the return to Labour support will commence.

It's a cycle which always leaves us with nothing good to show for.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not.

Massive public spending cuts DURING a recession? Opposition to progressive social policies? Confiscating mobile phones of "hoodies"?

The Conservative Party are once again showing how out-of-touch, how ludicrous and how damaging their policy is. It's such a huge shame that the public is so blinded with anti-Brown rage that they cannot see this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smalltownboy)
    Of course not.

Massive public spending cuts DURING a recession? Opposition to progressive social policies? Confiscating mobile phones of "hoodies"?

The Conservative Party are once again showing how out-of-touch, how ludicrous and how damaging their policy is. It's such a huge shame that the public is so blinded with anti-Brown rage that they cannot see this.
    If these policies (or, at least, the Tories) are so overwhelmingly popular, have you considered it might be that it's you who is out of touch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrunkHamster)
    If these policies (or, at least, the Tories) are so overwhelmingly popular, have you considered it might be that it's you who is out of touch?
    It's fairly obvious that the Tories are popular purely for the fact that they are not Labour. There is still general unease and distrust of Cameron, but he's perceived as the best of a bad bunch. And did you see the attack on the confiscating policy on QT tonight? I would hardly call that overwhelmingly popular.

I watched QT for the first time this evening, and what really struck me was that I knew more about issues than most of the panel, most of the time.

I would love to be in the audience and have the chance to rip some of these politicans to shreds. I liked the lib dem guy saying the state has no right to decide whether you can make the decision to kill yourself though. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    They can better Britain, only in so much as they can take us away from the labour-powered madness that has gone on far too long already.

But after the Tories have been in power a few years, we will be as sick of them as we are of Labour now, and the return to Labour support will commence.

It's a cycle which always leaves us with nothing good to show for.
    People don't get sick of the Tories, they get bored. They get bored and are misled by promises from Labour of a "new, improved" britain. Labour are voted in, spend heavily, and heavier. They **** up Britain, people return to the tories.

We don't **** up Britain for the sake of votes, that is the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smalltownboy)
    It's fairly obvious that the Tories are popular purely for the fact that they are not Labour. There is still general unease and distrust of Cameron, but he's perceived as the best of a bad bunch. And did you see the attack on the confiscating policy on QT tonight? I would hardly call that overwhelmingly popular.
    That consificating stuff is not a real policy and it will no tbe in the conservative manifesto as it is a stupid idea. However, you cannot decide the views of a country on a stupid policy like that. Look at the opinion polls and that is a true showing of how the electorate feels. A landslide tory victory.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.