Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i don't know where to put this as it's not the IB and yeah, so a mod can move it if it's in the wrong place - sorry again.

Basically, i think this is rather new maybe 1/2 years old as an A-Level choice, well infact it's not an A-Level Choice The AQA Bacc's like an additional course, with three separate sections;

Broader Study - Critical thinking/Citizenship/General Studies - AS Level.
    Enrichment Activities - Community participation work related learning and personal development.
    Independent Learning -Extended Project on your choice.

For anyone who didn't know

Anyway has anyone done this? Because it seems really worthwhile and would probably set you apart from others during university applications, and i'm considering doing it.

However it's 100 hours minimum over two years, with at least 30 hours in the at least two of the core subjects out of the three i stated above ^^

Advice, Tips?

I could probably completed the hundred hours easily, but it's just like with A-Levels as well would it be too much?

A-Levels if it makes any difference are History Psychology, Politics, Economics.

should i do it, should i not

ReputationRep:
    Bump?

ReputationRep:
    It's compulsory at my school.

ReputationRep:
    Is it good?
    Hard-work load?
    Worthwhile?

I can definitely do the required hundred hours, as i hope to go on the school trip to Ghana to build wells and stuff for a week which is like 100 hours on it's own but only in one section

ReputationRep:
    I wont be starting it until next year myself but the people in the year above seem to enjoy it and apparently it's not too demanding. Uni's like it too so it seems. Can't really give you anymore information sorry.

ReputationRep:
    lol no problem, thanks i'm deciding on doing it as well. It's not compulsory at our school but i know Uni's like it and i wanna go to a good/top Uni for Law so i'm probably going to take it.

ReputationRep:
    it is not good.
    it is not worth while.
    and it wasnt hard work, as for me the 100 hours included my part time job and me playing my netball matches ( including training)
    i would say it was pointless, but its abit like general studies, its just another thing to say you are doing for when u are applying to university.

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, did it help in anyway for Uni applications or are you only in Year 13 now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Ah cool, did it help in anyway for Uni applications or are you only in Year 13 now?
    well i put it on my application, and in one of my interviews they asked me about it, but it wasnt part of my offers and tbh i dont think it made a different i took psychology, chemistry, biology and maths and it didnt interfere with any of my subject because i was doind general studies anyway and it took be about 4 hours to enter my hours online, so i would say go for it as it is something else you can do and it doesnt take much effort to do it, but i doubt it makes much of a difference if you do it or not tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.