Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete please

Basically my girlfriend and I have been together for almost 3 months. But in the last couple of days she has been depressed and I don't know how to solve it.

Part of it is my fault because I annoyed her last night as I thought I would get to see her loads this week and i've barely got to see her at all, so I got a little bit angry and went on for a bit too long trying to persuade her to ask her mum if she could go out, her mum originally said no. This annoyed her and she went at the usual time, told me she was going, but went without saying goodbye.

So this morning I sent her a text saying how sorry I was and she didn't reply. She came signed on to msn and talked to me for a couple of hours but she really wasn't herself. I tried to cheer her up but nothing really worked. She said I wasn't helping much but I also wasn't being useless and she didn't really want me to go cos I was someone to talk to. But I really couldn't help her as I tried everything and she has been depressed before and I've managed to cheer her up. So I told her to go and do something, watch TV/film etc...she didn't really know what to do but she went...and she said she was going, but didn't say goodbye again. I told her that time will heal all wounds cos I felt like I wasn't doing anything.

So...I don't know what to do now, can you help me TSR?

ReputationRep:
    try supporting her by being there in reality instead of on msn. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Do something spontaneous and climb up to her window to talk to her face to face, it will cheer her up just seeing her, I've done it before myself and it has a good effect.

You actually shouldn't have said sorry as you did nothing wrong it seems, don't be a pushover.

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail

ReputationRep:
    Write her a letter, to explain everything. Add a dried flower. Works fine for me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I would have called her. :yep: Surprise her, be creative. I'm sure you know how to cheer her up more than a couple of strangers online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Anon fail
    yeah i know...oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    try supporting her by being there in reality instead of on msn. :dontknow:
    She wasn't sure whether she wanted to see me or not, I'm probably seeing her on saturday. I really tried ridiculously hard to cheer her up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Anon fail
    this

ReputationRep:
    Give her some "time and space".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Give her some "time and space".
    Yep that was my plan

How much contact would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    friendly bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiated yoghurt)
    Yep that was my plan

Minimal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Minimal.
    Just to give her time to think, or make her want me more?

ReputationRep:
    Just to give her time to think, or make her want me more?
    Time to think. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Go and see her.

ReputationRep:
    Yep that was my plan

maybe ask her that question.
    Yeah, talk to her face to face, with cuddles. :o:

ReputationRep:
    ok I'll give her time to think, so I won't contact her tomorrow. Then I'll see her over the weekend face to face.

Thanks everyone wish me luck, she means the world to me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.