Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, need advice - asking out a younger girl who you don't know. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I need some advice

Normally I stick to girls my age, or older and have never had problems with girlfriends (last girlfriend lasted 18 months), and even help my friends with girls. The thing is though, there was always mutual interest from the start and it was easy to have an excuse to talk to them etc before asking them out.

I'm not completely hung up on her or anything, but basically over the past week I've started liking a girl in year 10. I'm in year 12 (just turned 17) Year 10s and 12s don't mix at my school, including lessons, parties and all the usual ways of getting girls that you like. I also don't even know her, and have never spoken to her, I just like what I see and hear about her.

I'm not that bothered - plenty more fish in the sea - but if I find a way of getting her, then I would try it, plus knowing how to may come in handy in the future.

Because I don't know her, don't know if she even knows who I am, don't know any of her friends, or have any reason to talk to her I am screwed for ideas.

What makes it worse is she is arguably the most attractive girl in the school, so the 'older guy' thing doesn't have so much of a grasp, haha.

And btw, is it wrong to like a younger girl (she's 2 years younger max because I'm young in my school year.)

Cheers for the advice girls (and boys?)

ReputationRep:
    Go ahead...

Who cares about what anyone thinks aslong as she isn't in year 7 or 8

ReputationRep:
    It's not usually a big deal, but seeing as the age of consent lies between you, I'm not sure how thrilled her parents would be.
    Could you add her on Facebook or something, and suggest meeting up for a coffee?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, Girls love older guys in school.

ReputationRep:
    ask her on a date, just do it

be sure to get to know her over a series of a few dates though because as you say, you don't know her yet

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just do it. Make sure you get parental consent in case the law come calling though.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Just do it. Make sure you get parental consent in case the law come calling though.
    :eek:

Oh dear- I can't see that conversation going well.

'Can i take your daughter out with view to penetrating her?'

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollie.x)
    Facebook?
    What about it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm a year 10, 15 year old girl.
    Older guys are deffinatly a turn on.. I go to an all girls school, but we have sixth form guys, yum!
    Just do small things like; open a door for her if you have the chance, or smile at her in the corridor, make small talk if your ever stood in the same place (ish)..
    Small things like that matter to us!
    If she seems to respond well, eg makes eye contact with you as you pass, or smiles or chats back, then ask her to a party with you or something, mm party.
    Just show her your a decent, genuine guy and you are deffinately in with a chance.
    Good luck =)

ReputationRep:
    Add her on Facebook. You've heard stuff- she may not be so wonderful. My sister's friend is extremely attractive and in Year 9, and always gets boys from at least 2 years up as she is so pretty, and is generally said to be great etc. But she's clingy, immature, a bit slutty, and hasn't had a relationship over a month or so. Not too good for a 14 year old.
    But I mean if she is lovely after talking etc go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Add her on Facebook. You've heard stuff- she may not be so wonderful. My sister's friend is extremely attractive and in Year 9, and always gets boys from at least 2 years up as she is so pretty, and is generally said to be great etc. But she's clingy, immature, a bit slutty, and hasn't had a relationship over a month or so. Not too good for a 14 year old.
    Would you add someone on Facebook who you've never talked to before? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    True. I am pretty good at sorting out clingy girls and I love a bit of immaturity

You won't find me asking her parents for consent of any kind I'm afraid, my ex girlfriend didn't when I was 15 and she was 16. So I won't, haha.

Driving, well. Like I said I've just turned 17. Won't be driving until maybe October, which is really pissing me off

(Original post by unknownking321)
    Exactly. This is what I mean. I am completely without any foundation and she is damn hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silliva)
    :eek:

Oh dear- I can't see that conversation going well.

'Can i take your daughter out with view to penetrating her?'
    Has to be done. Get it in writing.

ReputationRep:
    Since you're "without any foundation", forget about the nightmare of revision and chat to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    No, but people do, and it seems to kickstart some relationships. It'd be a bit odd if he just started talking to her in school.

ReputationRep:
    its only 2 years! worse used to happen in my school like a girl in year 13 going out with a boy in year 10!!
    sooo go for it x

ReputationRep:
    No, but people do, and it seems to kickstart some relationships. It'd be a bit odd if he just started talking to her in school.
    I know, I have before. :yep: It might be a bit odd depending on how he goes about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    True. I am pretty good at sorting out clingy girls and I love a bit of immaturity

You won't find me asking her parents for consent of any kind I'm afraid, my ex girlfriend didn't when I was 15 and she was 16. So I won't, haha.

Driving, well. Like I said I've just turned 17. Won't be driving until maybe October, which is really pissing me off
    Haha you say that. A year 10 clingy girl is different to a year 12 clingy girl. And you say you love a bit of immaturity but if you're looking long term like your 18 months you said, it'll annoy you, fast.

You don't have to explicity ask for consent but if they don't like you, then you're ******. It's pretty easy to see what a guy's after. If they do like you, then that's fine. But I wouldn't go doing anything illegal.

Did you mention driving? Well don't go out with a girl if she's only after cos of your car. They do happen...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.