Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to have a friend come and stay with me while i'm at uni but the thing is they live in italy so if they come itll have to be for a week at the least.
    im interested in living at clarence dock and hopefully ill get it.. im just not sure on the rules regarding visitors. cus i mean they'd have to stay for a week at the least or itd just be a waste of time.
    but are the places checked, like can you get away with having visitors?
    any info would be great thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The accommodation website says this:

* Guests can only stay in your room/flat for 3 consecutive nights during any week, 3 times per term
    * Ask permission from the warden (permission will not be unreasonably withheld) and check with your fellow residents/flatmates
    * You are responsible for your guests whilst they are on site. This includes being responsible for (and paying for) any damage they may cause

Source: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/rules.html

So I'm not sure if a week would be allowed but you could always ask because they might allow more if it's people from other countries.

ReputationRep:
    No one checks. It'd be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if my bf could help me move into halls instead of a parent?! Would he be allowed to sleep the night? Is it weird to bring him?

ReputationRep:
    Lol why couldn't he help you?! Course he could. Not necessarily weird to bring him - as long as your parents are alright with it, I know many like to see off their children properly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    No one checks. It'd be fine.
    ahh thanks, thats just what i wanted to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Lol why couldn't he help you?! Course he could. Not necessarily weird to bring him - as long as your parents are alright with it, I know many like to see off their children properly!
    lol well i've been living with him during my gap year so yeah. and my mum lives in bristol, when i moved to manchester in my gap year she only came to visit for like 10mins when she was passing on her way to somewhere else, there's no way in hell she'd come up to leeds with me lmao. i'm scared of being put with a million people who can't live without mummy and daddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakata)
    lol well i've been living with him during my gap year so yeah. and my mum lives in bristol, when i moved to manchester in my gap year she only came to visit for like 10mins when she was passing on her way to somewhere else, there's no way in hell she'd come up to leeds with me lmao. i'm scared of being put with a million people who can't live without mummy and daddy
    I cant think of a single person who was like that at university. And I've been twice Just because someone's parents come to see them off doesn't mean they can't live without them! It's just the done thing.... Anyway, you reallllly have nothing to worry about on that front, most people can't wait to get away.

University open days

• University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.