Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anonymus please

I always fing my breath is really bad in the morning when I first wake up. I know most peoples is, but it doesn't improve after brushing or throughout the day.
    I brush twice a day and use a mouthwash.
    Also my teeth arn't that white.
    Can anyone recommend a toothpaste that will sort me out for both problems?
    Thanks in advance

Erm how about something like Colgate Max Fresh? You could also carry a pack of gum with you, chewing gum should keep your breath Minty Fresh

ReputationRep:
    Can constant bad breath not be a sign of some health problems? It's probably nothing, but bring it up next time you're at the dentist. Think it's a symptom of gum disease (although it's probably not that)
    Just make sure you floss and brush, and carry some mints or breath freshener.

ReputationRep:
    drink bleach... it works a treat..

(**JOKE**)

ReputationRep:
    Could be a sign of gum disease. Improve your oral hygiene, try brushing your tongue in a morning too. Your tongue harbors a lot of bacteria that can cause bad breath.

ReputationRep:
    just bring a box of smints round everywhere you go

ReputationRep:
    Inform your dentist, you may be suffering from Halitosis

ReputationRep:
    Floss twice a day. Brush your tongue and if it doesn't improve, see your dentist.

ReputationRep:
    also... not eating eggs and milk helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombat678)
    Could be a sign of gum disease. Improve your oral hygiene, try brushing your tongue in a morning too. Your tongue harbors a lot of bacteria that can cause bad breath.
    everytime i see your sig i LOL, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Floss floss floss! it's amazing how much **** gets stuck in between your teeth. Brush your tongue and cheeks too, if your breath still stinks then you probaby have a serious problem..eg. rotting teeth.

ReputationRep:
    Use Mints Not Gum

ReputationRep:
    Just buy a packet of polo's from Tesco

ReputationRep:
    Do you smoke?

ReputationRep:
    Do you eat healthily and regularly, drink plenty of water, get enough exercise? If the answer is no, this may partly be the cause of your bad breath.

Do you smoke and drink alcohol a lot? Again, causes of bad breath.

ReputationRep:
    Mints are the way forward for u.

ReputationRep:
    Try looking to see if you have tonsil stones.. They are white lumps of old food at the back of your throat and they give you really bad breath even after brushing. If you search youtube for Tonsil stones then there are some good videos showing what they are and how to get rid of them etc.

Also, speak to your dentist.. because I had a friend who had really bad breath and he kept getting a yellow tongue, and when he went to the dentist he had 3 teeth that had tooth decay, so the dentist did the works on the teeth and gave him fillings on each tooth and its worked - you can actually talk to him now, without holding your nose..!!

Apart from that, like people say - healthy diet, plenty of water, less sugar, exercise, good oral hygiene and mints/gum and you should be well away..

Defo check for tonsil stones tho!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew1988)
    Try looking to see if you have tonsil stones.. They are white lumps of old food at the back of your throat and they give you really bad breath even after brushing. If you search youtube for Tonsil stones then there are some good videos showing what they are and how to get rid of them etc.

Also, speak to your dentist.. because I had a friend who had really bad breath and he kept getting a yellow tongue, and when he went to the dentist he had 3 teeth that had tooth decay, so the dentist did the works on the teeth and gave him fillings on each tooth and its worked - you can actually talk to him now, without holding your nose..!!

Apart from that, like people say - healthy diet, plenty of water, less sugar, exercise, good oral hygiene and mints/gum and you should be well away..

Defo check for tonsil stones tho!!!
    I just googled tonsil stones and that is possibly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcC_8...rom=PL&index=9

ReputationRep:
    You may also have problems with the stomach/intestines
    so u should also check them :>

chewing gums isn't that great cause 100% u f*ck up ur stomach, eaten by the juices and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    Try to also floss your teeth. Those tiny bits of food will stay between your teeth for ages if you don't take 'em out. You could also have some sort of tongue fungi (unlikely). Bad breath is painfully common though. Maybe try to change your routine a bit, like - brush your teeth in the morning, floss, mouthwash. Then floss again after lunch, then repeat all three things before going to bed. Or do the simple thing and have mints. No chewing gum, please, it can damage your jaws and stomach (if used regularly for a long time).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.