Bad breath Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anonymus please

I always fing my breath is really bad in the morning when I first wake up. I know most peoples is, but it doesn't improve after brushing or throughout the day.
I brush twice a day and use a mouthwash.
Also my teeth arn't that white.
Can anyone recommend a toothpaste that will sort me out for both problems?
Thanks in advance
thetopnotch
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
Erm how about something like Colgate Max Fresh? You could also carry a pack of gum with you, chewing gum should keep your breath Minty Fresh
sweetdarling
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can constant bad breath not be a sign of some health problems? It's probably nothing, but bring it up next time you're at the dentist. Think it's a symptom of gum disease (although it's probably not that)
Just make sure you floss and brush, and carry some mints or breath freshener.
ToeRag
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
drink bleach... it works a treat..

(**JOKE**)
themurphywonderer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Could be a sign of gum disease. Improve your oral hygiene, try brushing your tongue in a morning too. Your tongue harbors a lot of bacteria that can cause bad breath.
Ashley. P
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just bring a box of smints round everywhere you go
Mango24
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Inform your dentist, you may be suffering from Halitosis
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Floss twice a day. Brush your tongue and if it doesn't improve, see your dentist.
marina_321
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
also... not eating eggs and milk helps
Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wombat678)
Could be a sign of gum disease. Improve your oral hygiene, try brushing your tongue in a morning too. Your tongue harbors a lot of bacteria that can cause bad breath.
everytime i see your sig i LOL, thank you!
ßlαcksωαn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Floss floss floss! it's amazing how much **** gets stuck in between your teeth. Brush your tongue and cheeks too, if your breath still stinks then you probaby have a serious problem..eg. rotting teeth.
Skadoosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Use Mints Not Gum
Gibb~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just buy a packet of polo's from Tesco
member169510
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you smoke?
sil3nt_cha0s
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you eat healthily and regularly, drink plenty of water, get enough exercise? If the answer is no, this may partly be the cause of your bad breath.

Do you smoke and drink alcohol a lot? Again, causes of bad breath.
Carter.
Report 9 years ago
Mints are the way forward for u.
stew1988
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Try looking to see if you have tonsil stones.. They are white lumps of old food at the back of your throat and they give you really bad breath even after brushing. If you search youtube for Tonsil stones then there are some good videos showing what they are and how to get rid of them etc.

Also, speak to your dentist.. because I had a friend who had really bad breath and he kept getting a yellow tongue, and when he went to the dentist he had 3 teeth that had tooth decay, so the dentist did the works on the teeth and gave him fillings on each tooth and its worked - you can actually talk to him now, without holding your nose..!!

Apart from that, like people say - healthy diet, plenty of water, less sugar, exercise, good oral hygiene and mints/gum and you should be well away..

Defo check for tonsil stones tho!!!
smilee172
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by stew1988)
Try looking to see if you have tonsil stones.. They are white lumps of old food at the back of your throat and they give you really bad breath even after brushing. If you search youtube for Tonsil stones then there are some good videos showing what they are and how to get rid of them etc.

Also, speak to your dentist.. because I had a friend who had really bad breath and he kept getting a yellow tongue, and when he went to the dentist he had 3 teeth that had tooth decay, so the dentist did the works on the teeth and gave him fillings on each tooth and its worked - you can actually talk to him now, without holding your nose..!!

Apart from that, like people say - healthy diet, plenty of water, less sugar, exercise, good oral hygiene and mints/gum and you should be well away..

Defo check for tonsil stones tho!!!
I just googled tonsil stones and that is possibly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcC_8...rom=PL&index=9
Abara
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You may also have problems with the stomach/intestines
so u should also check them :>

chewing gums isn't that great cause 100% u f*ck up ur stomach, eaten by the juices and stuff...
Flying Cookie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Try to also floss your teeth. Those tiny bits of food will stay between your teeth for ages if you don't take 'em out. You could also have some sort of tongue fungi (unlikely). Bad breath is painfully common though. Maybe try to change your routine a bit, like - brush your teeth in the morning, floss, mouthwash. Then floss again after lunch, then repeat all three things before going to bed. Or do the simple thing and have mints. No chewing gum, please, it can damage your jaws and stomach (if used regularly for a long time).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads