Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

worth bothering to remark?+the sevenoaks grade bounds..according to ib office..and.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    should bother remarking my bio and english and tok?
    according to the sevenoaks grade bound of 2009 i'm 2-3 marks off a 6 for english and 3 marks off a 6 for bio. for both of them i lost 3 points in the ia portion and oral as it as moderated. tok i'm off by 2 points? it's a high c.

For bio:
    paper 1:34points-level6
    paper 2-46points-level5
    paper 3-25points-level 5
    ia's-raw mark is 33-changed to 30-level5
    according to seven oaks some of theses are high 6's?

english
    oral-raw mark was 20 changed to 17-level 5
    paper 1-13 points level 4
    paper 2-19 points level 6
    world lit- 14 points level 6

AND ACCORDING TO THE IB VANCOUVER OFFICE-i called 4 hours ago
    sevenoaks shouldn't have this and it isn't correct as this information isn't released till the end of this exam session which is september 15 or something. so me wanting to remark this is based on something that the ib office in van claims has no base..so risky

the other thing is the vancouver office told me that if you remark you still receive the higher bound grade even if you get lower..however this contradicts what my ib coord told me who kept repeating it can go down this year. so...??? generally

will try to contact the new york office but apparently its sending out 17,000 transcripts as the pre-support desk lady told me so they are pretty occupied. and stupid insects are biting me:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cavos)
    according to the sevenoaks grade bound of 2009 i'm 2-3 marks off a 6 for english and 3 marks off a 6 for bio. for both of them i lost 3 points in the ia portion and oral as it as moderated. tok i'm off by 2 points? it's a high c.

For bio:
    paper 2-46points-level5
    paper 3-25points-level 5

english

sevenoaks shouldn't have this and it isn't correct as this information isn't released till the end of this exam session which is september 15 or something. so me wanting to remark this is based on something that the ib office in van claims has no base..so risky

the other thing is the vancouver office told me that if you remark you still receive the higher bound grade even if you get lower..however this contradicts what my ib coord told me who kept repeating it can go down this year. so...??? generally

will try to contact the new york office but apparently its sending out 17,000 transcripts as the pre-support desk lady told me so they are pretty occupied. and stupid insects are biting me:P

I think the IB Vancouver office is pretty screwed up then. The grade boudaries have been released. But if you live in Canada or the US, you shouldnt follow the grade boundaries at sevenoaks as thats is a different timezone. Remarks can go up or down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cavos)

For bio:
    paper 2-46points-level5
    paper 3-25points-level 5

english

Firstly, what is this 'IB vancouver officer'? And they are definitely mistaken about the remarking as your grade CAN go down as of 2009. This is from the latest IB handbook:

"In previous examination sessions a candidate’s grade would only remain the same or be raised as a result of a re-mark. However, with effect from the May 2009 examination session a candidate’s grade may also be lowered as a consequence of a re-mark"

And as for the grade boundaries and what not, they were published on monday. Also, I'd definitely go for the remarking of your english, as english is subjective and 2-3 marks is not much. However, for biology 3 marks would probably be a bit too much to go up by as the markschemes are pretty clear-cut. Having said that, I was 3 marks off a 6 in HL Bio and I'm still going for the remark! :p:

Hope that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.