Turn on thread page Beta

My Grandad tried to kill himself
    My aunt tried to kill herself multiple times.
    I found my best friend half dead from trying to kill herself.
    My uncle tried to kill himself.
    My dads dead.
    My mum tried to kill herself multiple times during the most important exams i was ever to have, they'd have go me into uni and i would have been away but now i know for sure i've ****** them up and my dream of being away has gone...all the fighting through everything was worthless, i feel like it was stolen from me. The prospect of uni got me up in the morning....it kept me going.

What does it matter? Every time i try to make a better life for myself something happens and i'm beginning to believe i never will.

I'm exhausted from fighting the urge to be like them, drug taking mentally insane idiots....

Maybe i should just join them. Never having to worry about a thing again.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really know what to say to that...

ReputationRep:
    Or you could just see a psychiatrist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Or you could just see a psychiatrist?
    or he could BE a psychiatrist, he would make a lot of money helping his family :woo:

ReputationRep:
    um wow
    you know what your family has done isn't right as you've said, so why do it yourself?
    i would see/talk to somebody as mentioned above

(Original post by sirandrew)
    or he could BE a psychiatrist, he would make a lot of money helping his family :woo:
    *She
    Most of them have seen psychiatrists, nothing works .

ReputationRep:
    What can anybody say to that?

Sorry, but nothing really.

ReputationRep:
    You can be the strong, and brace one and don't give in. Live your life mate, you still have plenty to live for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My dads dead.
    My mum tried to kill herself multiple times during the most important exams i was ever to have, they'd have go me into uni and i would have been away but now i know for sure i've ****** them up and my dream of being away has gone...all the fighting through everything was worthless, i feel like it was stolen from me. The prospect of uni got me up in the morning....it kept me going.

What does it matter? Every time i try to make a better life for myself something happens and i'm beginning to believe i never will.

I'm exhausted from fighting the urge to be like them, drug taking mentally insane idiots....

these have been testing times for you and it will show how strong you really are and how you can be stronger will and learn a lot from what you have experienced, so DON'T GIVE UP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirandrew)
    need to plus rep you for that tomorrow, stroke of genius lol.

And OP, sounds like your family and friends are one in a million so to speak. You don't know you messed up your exams anyway. And erm, you'll be able to get to uni eventually. I'm in a situation where uni is my shot at a normal life, and I felt amazingly depressed after the exams, thinking i'd messed up. But now I realise, even if i have, as cheesy as it sounds,w here there's a will, there's a way, and I'll get to uni in the end lol.

Chin up mate. :o:

(Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    It's all about you isn't it.
    I could literally punch you for this comment. I did everything i ******* could to help them and especially help my mum whom i was so close to. My dads already dead.

I'd spend hours allowing mum to speak to me, even when she'd tell me how she slashes her wrists and all the fine details, i'd sit their and listen and do everything i could.

So am i not Human for now struggling to cope?
    ARRRRRRRRRRGGG. ******* SOD OFF.

ReputationRep:
    If you really are serious, which, somehow, it seems you are, you should try and get some sort of councilling. I don't honestly know how to go about it- perhaps there is someone at your school/ college you could go to- but I'm sure someone on here will be able to advise you.

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*

Sorry I can't do more...

ReputationRep:
    **** dude sorry about everything , just try and keep yourself together.

ReputationRep:
    What to do when your family is ****** up:

[ ] See a psychiatrist
    [ ] Talk to a close friend
    [x] ASK TSR for "help"

ReputationRep:
    its hard to expect much of a student forum
    All you can do is understand that there are people out there who care for you.
    What about your close friends, or a counciller?? You obviously bottle alot up inside, so you need someone to lean on and spill it all out and get some outside support.
    Im sorry, but my opinion is suicide is one of the most selfish things a person can do. They take in no care for how it will affect the people around them and just give up (I know people who are majorly depressed etc may not understand what they are doing to those who love them)
    You need to be the stronger person and stand up for your own life. Be there and be supportive but you need to not give up on your own life. Get support, get help, do what you can, but don't let this eat you all up. It sounds incredibly hard, can't say I have ever been through anything like this, but if you have gotten this far you can pull through.

(Original post by Andylol)
    What to do when your family is ****** up:

[ ] See a psychiatrist
    [ ] Talk to a close friend
    [x] ASK TSR for "help"
    1st - I have no idea how to get access to them, and i hate them.
    2nd - I dont want to burden any friends.
    So TSR was the better option i felt.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like my family, feel free to PM me :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    if i were you i'd just cut off all contact from my family, i wouldnt be able to bare it :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My dads dead.

Apart from your dad, the rest of your family seem selfish and unconsiderite!
    They seem to see life as a toy, you should always live life to the fulliest even if that one day seems down!
    I'd take it that your dad died seemingly young... they should learn not to take their life and see it more as a gift.... they should be grateful that they live and not die!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.