The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
EmK_89
its hard to expect much of a student forum
All you can do is understand that there are people out there who care for you.
What about your close friends, or a counciller?? You obviously bottle alot up inside, so you need someone to lean on and spill it all out and get some outside support.
Im sorry, but my opinion is suicide is one of the most selfish things a person can do. They take in no care for how it will affect the people around them and just give up (I know people who are majorly depressed etc may not understand what they are doing to those who love them)
You need to be the stronger person and stand up for your own life. Be there and be supportive but you need to not give up on your own life. Get support, get help, do what you can, but don't let this eat you all up. It sounds incredibly hard, can't say I have ever been through anything like this, but if you have gotten this far you can pull through.

What about your close friends, or a counciller?? You obviously bottle alot up inside, so you need someone to lean on and spill it all out and get some outside support.
Main problem is is everything is always on going. Councilling i thought was better for like discussing past and moving on from it?

Im sorry, but my opinion is suicide is one of the most selfish things a person can do. They take in no care for how it will affect the people around them and just give up (I know people who are majorly depressed etc may not understand what they are doing to those who love them)

I know, honestly i do, i don't want to be like them, i want to make something of myself, i was always told i'd fail and become pregnant when i was a teen. I havn't done that, i was so close to proving them wrong...but then my mum tried to kill herself several times over the A2 period and it ****** up my exams...that was selfish and i don't want to be like that but i'm just so at the end of caring, so feel like i'm breaking.
Reply 21
Seely
Apart from your dad, the rest of your family seem selfish and unconsiderite!
They seem to see life as a toy, you should always live life to the fulliest even if that one day seems down!
I'd take it that your dad died seemingly young... they should learn not to take their life and see it more as a gift.... they should be grateful that they live and not die!

Dad died when he was 39, an alcoholic and was violent and we were in refuges which he found us and broke into them. He broke into them several times and we had to be relocated, how the hell he found us i'll never know. He was spotted on cameras.
But thank-you for your reply :smile:, yeah i think you are right.
Reply 22
Just want to say a big thankyou for replies.
Seely
They seem to see life as a toy, you should always live life to the fulliest even if that one day seems down!
I'd take it that your dad died seemingly young... they should learn not to take their life and see it more as a gift.... they should be grateful that they live and not die!

Talk to me again when you understand suicide, or suicidal thoughts.
Don't make brash accusations, yes, life is a gift, but what if you just can't see that and you think death is your only answer... It's not selfish par se to kill yourself, it's just a feeling that you literally cannot go on any further. I've forgiven the people close to me who have chosen to take their own lives, mostly because I understand that if they were in the correct mental state, they wouldn't have done it. People like you make me very sad.
Reply 24
Anonymous
Main problem is is everything is always on going. Councilling i thought was better for like discussing past and moving on from it?

I know, honestly i do, i don't want to be like them, i want to make something of myself, i was always told i'd fail and become pregnant when i was a teen. I havn't done that, i was so close to proving them wrong...but then my mum tried to kill herself several times over the A2 period and it ****** up my exams...that was selfish and i don't want to be like that but i'm just so at the end of caring, so feel like i'm breaking.

Councilling can be for ongoing problems. It is just what it is - a way for people to speak out to someone who can help them with the education they have to help and support patients. So if you can go, give it a try.

There you go. all you need to do is to prove to yourself and to them once that you won't be how they expect you to be.

Your mother is being completely horrible. Do you have brothers or sisters to talk to about it? You need to tell your mum that life is worth living, shes got so many years ahead of her, and - that you will be there whenever and wherever she needs you and want to help, but she has absolutely no right to drag you down with her into the hole shes digging for herself, tbh. Be there, but be the better person who won't let anything drag them down from living.
Reply 25
Antimatter
Talk to me again when you understand suicide, or suicidal thoughts.
Don't make brash accusations, yes, life is a gift, but what if you just can't see that and you think death is your only answer... It's not selfish par se to kill yourself, it's just a feeling that you literally cannot go on any further. I've forgiven the people close to me who have chosen to take their own lives, mostly because I understand that if they were in the correct mental state, they wouldn't have done it. People like you make me very sad.

I'm sorry, but killing yourself is never the answer.
There's always hep for those kind of things.
I'm sorry if i somehow offended you, but you shouldn't be making rash judgements either - there's alway a way out, it's just takes time to find it.
Reply 26
sirandrew
or he could BE a psychiatrist, he would make a lot of money helping his family :woo:

Well if he had to listen to depressed strangers all day, 5 days a week - that might just send him over the edge.
Reply 27
EmK_89
Do you have brothers or sisters to talk to about it?

Much younger brother so i take care of him moreso. Like the first time she did it this year, he got really scared and started shaking and crying. I stayed up with him till 2:30am till he felt safe enough to fall asleep and i had to start work at 6am... this was right in the middle of exams...oh well.

Again, thank you everyone for the replies. It means a lot but im generally feeling bad now for burdening any of you with this...if i have, i'm really, really sorry!
Seely
I'm sorry, but killing yourself is never the answer.
There's always hep for those kind of things.
I'm sorry if i somehow offended you, but you shouldn't be making rash judgements either - there's alway a way out, it's just takes time to find it.

Yes, yes there is. I wasn't saying that. What I was saying was that clearly these people did not get help in time, that doesn't make them selfish, it makes them very depressed. You ever felt like you were just a zombie walking through life? That nobody cares about you, or will if you die? That your debts will never be cleared and your family will be better off without you? Yes, it's not exactly rational, but that's the whole point of it. It's not rational.
Reply 29
that sucks....sympathy sex? =]
Reply 30
Anonymous
Much younger brother so i take care of him moreso. Like the first time she did it this year, he got really scared and started shaking and crying. I stayed up with him till 2:30am till he felt safe enough to fall asleep and i had to start work at 6am... this was right in the middle of exams...oh well.

Again, thank you everyone for the replies. It means a lot but im generally feeling bad now for burdening any of you with this...if i have, i'm really, really sorry!

thats fantastic. be there for each other, it will be massive for both of you in the long run.
Good luck hun.
Reply 31
Seely

People don't kill themselves because they have one bad day. You have no idea what you're talking about - who are you helping by insulting this person's dead relatives?

OP, you shouldn't have to be dealing with this all on your own. Is there anyone in school you could talk to, who could refer you to a counsellor? Have you had any grief counselling? Not necessarily a psychiatrist, just someone you can talk to about all of this.

And if your exams haven't gone well this year, no university would think less of you for retaking.
Reply 32
stop apologizing! you're allowed to express how you feel :smile:
Reply 33
Antimatter
Yes, yes there is. I wasn't saying that. What I was saying was that clearly these people did not get help in time, that doesn't make them selfish, it makes them very depressed. You ever felt like you were just a zombie walking through life? That nobody cares about you, or will if you die? That your debts will never be cleared and your family will be better off without you? Yes, it's not exactly rational, but that's the whole point of it. It's not rational.

This is just about the subject of death, and dying.
But i the way i feel will never change - i feel this way, because my youngest brother could have died when he was 5 becaus of diabetes. He was diagnosed in the late stages, and apparently if my parents hadn't taken him to the GP to get him checked out, he could of died. He's now happy as ever but now has a diseased that could kill, if he's not carefully.
So thats why, i see life as a gift and something you should treasure, as does my brother and family.
So, the matter of suicide is basically you giving up, because you feel that no-one will miss you.
But i don't think they'd realised that there would be at least one or more person who'd miss them.

I feel this argument is useless to the matter... our argument is based on our own decisions. So i guess there's no point in explaining any more.
Reply 34
OhNO!
People don't kill themselves because they have one bad day. You have no idea what you're talking about - who are you helping by insulting this person's dead relatives?

OP, you shouldn't have to be dealing with this all on your own. Is there anyone in school you could talk to, who could refer you to a counsellor? Have you had any grief counselling? Not necessarily a psychiatrist, just someone you can talk to about all of this.

And if your exams haven't gone well this year, no university would think less of you for retaking.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous... i wasn't insulting her dead relatives, i was saying that her family members shouldn't commit suicide, because due to the fathers death - they should treasure life! thats all i meant.
And i also don't believe you knew what my previous post reply meant if your bashing me like this!
I am so sorry, that sounds so hard to deal with :frown:.

My Mum has threatened suicide before, and that felt awful, so i can't imagine how all this is for you.

The only thing i can think of that would help is for you to seperate yourselves from these people so that you don't have to witness what they are doing, and it may even (hopefuly) push them to get better in order to regain contact. However i imagine that would be difficult depending on your age.

You love and care about them, but you have done all you can, you can't save them, they have to save themselves. You need to remove yourself from the situation and try to get on with your own life, somehow. You need boundaries to protect yourself, it is too much to take on all on your own and you shouldn't be expected to or guilt tripped into doing so. Good luck, you sound like an incredibly strong girl and you should be proud of yourself xxx
Wow, I think the only thing you can do is accept that they will die. As harsh as it sounds it's probably the most honest answer, they obviously had a reason to attempt suicide and you sound like you've tried but that doesn't mean you should follow them. If you kill yourself you will miss out on everything life has to offer, yes it is rough at times and you seem to have had an unusual ammount of bad luck but that just means you're closer to something good.

God is testing you to see whether you stay true and if you don't believe in God then maybe it was the upbringing that they endured.

Just wait until you get your results and if you honestly worked hard then you should get the grades you deserve and you'll be able to lead a better life and have a family rather than lying in the ground, slowly decomposing.
Reply 37
my gosh,
i am kinda speechless.
don't ever give up- live your life to the fullest , do your best- make up for all those that commited suicide.

i am so sorry, and goood luck in life, you;ll come out waay stronger, and an incredible person.

xx
Anonymous

Awww, you're so sweet. You have so much empathy, I can't even imagine how painful everything would have been and I respect you so much for not letting it turn you hateful and bitter. Don't worry about your results at the minute, you can't do anything about them. Even if you don't do well in this, there's other chances to get into uni. Also, don't worry about burdening your friends. Believe me, it's worse to see someone suffering without knowing why. Please talk to them. There is no shame in asking for help. :hugs:
tomocchio
that sucks....sympathy sex? =]

dude - thats sick

Latest

Trending

Trending