Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    also, dont worry about exams.
    there is always nexy year and years to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seely)
    Ok, this is getting ridiculous... i wasn't insulting her dead relatives, i was saying that her family members shouldn't commit suicide, because due to the fathers death - they should treasure life! thats all i meant.
    And i also don't believe you knew what my previous post reply meant if your bashing me like this!
    But they HAVE committed suicide, so what good are you doing by saying that they shouldn't have? I don't know where you get off making comments like these, they're wildly insensitive. I have a family history of suicide, and to suggest that my relatives or the OP's were treating life like "like a toy", or that they killed themselves over one bad day is so disgustingly insensitive and belittling, I can't begin to express it.

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone needs to think for a second about where this conversation is leading and whether you really want to open up a can of bad feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    But they HAVE committed suicide, so what good are you doing by saying that they shouldn't have? I don't know where you get off making comments like these, they're wildly insensitive. I have a family history of suicide, and to suggest that my relatives or the OP's were treating life like "like a toy", or that they killed themselves over one bad day is so disgustingly insensitive and belittling, I can't begin to express it.
    Thid argument seemingly seems to be getting out of hand - so let's end this.
    Clearly we both have different view points - and clearly different religious view points.
    So the subject at matter again seems pointless as i'm upset- so i apologise - but calling my 'disgustingly insensitive' is a little harsh.
    I've known people who have also tried to commit suicide - but they did it out of the courtesy of popularity.
    Also, i didn't mean that they'd killed themselves over 1 bad day... it wa just an example.
    Clearly we are different people and live different lives - so theres no use fighting over this subject as it' been side-tracked!!

(Original post by OhNO!)
    OP, you shouldn't have to be dealing with this all on your own. Is there anyone in school you could talk to, who could refer you to a counsellor? Have you had any grief counselling? Not necessarily a psychiatrist, just someone you can talk to about all of this.
    Finished school now so am trying to spend the majority of time out the house but haven't been able to for about a few days and mum has been extremely emotional like if i go downstairs for a drink, it takes me about half hour to go back up because she'll talk to me about some quite psychological stuff...its extremely hard to listen to but i can't say no to listening.

Probably why i'm feeling so down comes to think about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seely)
    Clearly we both have different view points - and clearly different religious view points.
    So the subject at matter again seems pointless as i'm upset- so i apologise - but calling my 'disgustingly insensitive' is a little harsh.
    I've known people who have also tried to commit suicide - but they did it out of the courtesy of popularity.
    Also, i didn't mean that they'd killed themselves over 1 bad day... it wa just an example.
    Clearly we are different people and live different lives - so theres no use fighting over this subject as it' been side-tracked!!
    What the **** does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seely)
    'Courtesy To The Popularity'? :lolwut:

Also, crap argument, one of my best friends died of cancer at like 15, it's not funny, and I know how much of a blessing life is. All I'm saying is you're wildly steriotyping. You can't use your background as an excuse to insult people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seely)
    Thank you for being mature enough to end this conversation as it was going nowhere and was only making people feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Finished school now so am trying to spend the majority of time out the house but haven't been able to for about a few days and mum has been extremely emotional like if i go downstairs for a drink, it takes me about half hour to go back up because she'll talk to me about some quite psychological stuff...its extremely hard to listen to but i can't say no to listening.

If it's really bringing you down - you don't have to listen to it, you don't have to take it in anyway. You shouldn't feel like you have to be the one to shoulder all of her problems.

Could you get to a GP? Or your local Mind (Mental Health Charity)? They might be able to find help for you, and your mum. It's really unfair the position you're in, and there is help out there for you.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of know where you're coming from OP with your mum. My mum's been depressed for years, and would always go on about how she was going to kill herself, would have nervous breakdowns in the middle of the night, and we would have to stay up and listen to it all and be blamed and blah blah blah... And in a way part of the way I am is related to the way she is, so that I will be stressed and depressed because she is, but largely it is not, not anymore. But it was like she saw me as some sort of vehicle or thermometer, an extension of her mind. So when I had "problems" the ONLY reason she cared was because it wasn't "doing her any good"... And she'd think that her getting CBT and whatever else would miraculously make me better, so it was like I was evidence of her need for help.

Anyway, off-topic. People aren't there to be put upon with everybody else's crap. That's not to trivialise what your mum is going through - much the opposite, it's a lot, too much for us. We can't cope with it, not on our own. My mum tells me to talk to her, but I can't. I've learned not to. She's busy with her own stuff, anyway. I don't really know where I'm going with this. But don't listen to people who said you were being selfish.

ReputationRep:
    tell your school. honestly it's easier in the long run. apart from that, HOLY MOLY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    'Courtesy To The Popularity'? :lolwut:

Also, crap argument, one of my best friends died of cancer at like 15, it's not funny, and I know how much of a blessing life is. All I'm saying is you're wildly steriotyping. You can't use your background as an excuse to insult people.
    I do not find the subject of death funny and i'm not excalting insulting people, so stop bashing me when you don't even know me - just stop

(Original post by OhNO!)
    Could you get to a GP? Or your local Mind (Mental Health Charity)? They might be able to find help for you, and your mum. It's really unfair the position you're in, and there is help out there for you.
    There's a bit of a problem with seeing Mental health people unfortunately:
    Mum has Aspergers syndrome and she has a big chip on her shoulder because she was diagnosed incorrectly with borderline personality disorder(when i was younger she had a nervous breakdown with psychosis which i think she was close to again during the period of my exams)...she's taking medication which is making her a bit better but she is still very psychological. The bright side is she's not as psychological as before whereby she'd go into great depth about her cutting her arms and using ice and stuff...it really made my head feel like it was crushing just listening to it.

But yeah she refuses to see mental health people because they don't know how to deal with the asperger side of her and it results in her coming back from appointments in a worse state then she went...

I think its just wait and see how she goes but everyday is different, they are dramatic mood swings from suicidal to extremely happy...so everytime i wake up its very much like 'what mood is she going to be in today?'...but i suppose its better then 2 weeks ago waking up wondering if she was alive.

Thankyou for your reply btw .

ReputationRep:
    There's a bit of a problem with seeing Mental health people unfortunately:
    Mum has Aspergers syndrome and she has a big chip on her shoulder because she was diagnosed incorrectly with borderline personality disorder(when i was younger she had a nervous breakdown with psychosis which i think she was close to again during the period of my exams)...she's taking medication which is making her a bit better but she is still very psychological. The bright side is she's not as psychological as before whereby she'd go into great depth about her cutting her arms and using ice and stuff...it really made my head feel like it was crushing just listening to it.

But yeah she refuses to see mental health people because they don't know how to deal with the asperger side of her and it results in her coming back from appointments in a worse state then she went...

I think its just wait and see how she goes but everyday is different, they are dramatic mood swings from suicidal to extremely happy...so everytime i wake up its very much like 'what mood is she going to be in today?'...but i suppose its better then 2 weeks ago waking up wondering if she was alive.

Thankyou for your reply btw .
    Ah, I see. I don't think you should discount going to see your GP at least, just for you, not your mum. You're having a hard time, and you deserve a bit of help. Your mum might not be ready to search out any mental health treatment because of aspergers or past experience, but your GP will be able to help you in some way in dealing with all of this. You really don't have to do it by yourself.

And, it's really no problem, you can PM me anytime. I have family history of suicide, and although my experience wasn't as difficult as yours is, I definitely sympathize x

ReputationRep:
    My Grandad tried to kill himself
    My aunt tried to kill herself multiple times.
    I found my best friend half dead from trying to kill herself.
    My uncle tried to kill himself.
    My dads dead.
    My mum tried to kill herself multiple times during the most important exams i was ever to have, they'd have go me into uni and i would have been away but now i know for sure i've ****** them up and my dream of being away has gone...all the fighting through everything was worthless, i feel like it was stolen from me. The prospect of uni got me up in the morning....it kept me going.

What does it matter? Every time i try to make a better life for myself something happens and i'm beginning to believe i never will.

I'm exhausted from fighting the urge to be like them, drug taking mentally insane idiots....

Maybe i should just join them. Never having to worry about a thing again.
    If you want to just talk about it some more without having people say nasty things or anything, please PM me. I really don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    My Grandad tried to kill himself
    My aunt tried to kill herself multiple times.
    I found my best friend half dead from trying to kill herself.
    My uncle tried to kill himself.
    My dads dead.
    My mum tried to kill herself multiple times during the most important exams i was ever to have, they'd have go me into uni and i would have been away but now i know for sure i've ****** them up and my dream of being away has gone...all the fighting through everything was worthless, i feel like it was stolen from me. The prospect of uni got me up in the morning....it kept me going.

What does it matter? Every time i try to make a better life for myself something happens and i'm beginning to believe i never will.

I'm exhausted from fighting the urge to be like them, drug taking mentally insane idiots....

Maybe i should just join them. Never having to worry about a thing again.

That must be hard on you, i'm assuming that you're around 18 just do not give up fighting for yourself even though everyone's life around you is going in different directions that are not positive at the moment. Also trying and do find something new to work towards and will bring future hopes and goals to your mind.

ReputationRep:
    dude - thats sick
    It's clearly a joke you numpty. cor. forgive me for trying to insert a bit of humour.

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry about your situation OP.
    Just imagine though because life is worth living because even though it can be utterly poo there is always something that is worth it, even if its not now but in the future and at least you will have the chance of seeing it. I have been there I know how utterly knife ripping ur insides out awful things can be in this life, but it is always worth it to carry on just so you can see what great thing may happen. Its great u came on TSR for help and support and hope you feel a little bit better.

ReputationRep:
    Very sorry to hear about all that's happened, OP.

But I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. This stuff will either make you or break you. If you hold on, you'll come good and come out stronger than anyone you know.

Then you can start helping others by sharing how you got through your ordeals.

All the best.

Gaz

ReputationRep:

(Original post by fatal)
    tell your school. honestly it's easier in the long run. apart from that, HOLY MOLY.
    :confused:
    I would say stuff about how time is a great healer but it sounds so crap in such a circumstance

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.