Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Anon no. 4, an completely agree with the post above.

University is when my life will really begin.

(Original post by tomocchio)
    Refugees? And damn, social services should of got involved ages ago if thats the case.
    Yeah they did at this point and that's how we got to know about the refuges but he kept finding us and breaking in. So once we ran away properly, social services havn't been involved since and even though they did us a lot of good then, mum is very scared of them now.

Even when mum ended up in hospital a few weeks ago from her suicide attempt, we had a panicked phone call from them because apparently they were meant to be involved 2 months ago with mums first attempt of the year. Nothing went further though and not heard from them since...they are a bit rubbish.

(Original post by improving4eva)
    Man i know how you feel. I've lost a lot of friends to drugs + gang related situations. My life is a piece of crap right now but the only thing i have to look forward to is uni. Either die or go to uni seems like my options. I don't really want to die i just want a better life so uni is the choice. I hear it's really fun and there are chances to meet lots of new interesting people. I wouldn't give up until i had tried university and i think you should try it too.
    Exactly how i feel . I hope you make it =)

Just want to say i didnt quite get the results i wanted by i scraped enough to get into my dream university =).
    Thankyou everyone for your support xxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.