Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've done 8 sessions and was going up in 5s at first. Sorry for the not so precise information. I'm well aware that my form probably isn't very good, but it's the best I can do with a book and the advice of people on the internet. My friend didn't say it looks good, some guy in the gym told me not to go so deep as I was going slightly below parallel, i stuck to going parallel/slightly below.

ReputationRep:
    Try to get a video, it really does help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hank Hill)
    I've done 8 sessions and was going up in 5s at first. Sorry for the not so precise information. I'm well aware that my form probably isn't very good, but it's the best I can do with a book and the advice of people on the internet. My friend didn't say it looks good, some guy in the gym told me not to go so deep as I was going slightly below parallel, i stuck to going parallel/slightly below.
    Feet a tiny bit wider than shoulder width, toes pointed slightly outwards, bar accross your shoulders rather than neck, core contracted to keep stabilty, below parrellel, head up, pushing with hips.

You watched rippetoes videos on squat?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've read up and watched loads of videos and am doing it as best as I can. I don't think my form is bad but I can't really judge. I'll see about doing a video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    What the **** are you trying to say ****-face?
    Keep out. No **** allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hank Hill)
    Yeah, I've read up and watched loads of videos and am doing it as best as I can. I don't think my form is bad but I can't really judge. I'll see about doing a video.
    Hrm, well if its not form then must just be that your body isn't used to it, but you shouldn't plateu so soon on a squat after 8 sessions especially not at less than your BW.

I'm lucky that theres a mirror either side and infront of the squat rack at my gym so i can see every aspect of my form. I always do low weight warm up sets making sure i have everything perfect before i do my 3x5 heavy weight sets.

Just think about the key points of the form and try 3x5x62.5 next time and see how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    Keep out. No **** allowed.
    Well go on then you snot-nose little brat, what do YOU think is best?

How bigga boy are you?

ReputationRep:
    Well go on then you snot-nose little brat, what do YOU think is best?

How bigga boy are you?
    wait a moment? Me the brat? I don't even know you, and I didn't even say anything to you, I given the guy some advice, and you come out with some random, aimless, pathetic insult... I don't think I'm the brat mate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    wait a moment? Me the brat? I don't even know you, and I didn't even say anything to you, I given the guy some advice, and you come out with some random, aimless, pathetic insult... I don't think I'm the brat mate...
    Bull Butter! I'll beat you like pancake batter.

I'll knock a pop-knot on your head big enough to need a birth certificate!

ReputationRep:
    Bull Butter! I'll beat you like pancake batter.

I'll knock a pop-knot on your head big enough to need a birth certificate!
    Good job googling hardcore phrases. This now makes you a real man

:sigh:

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    You fail at troll-detection dude.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.