Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are so many people bothered about there Height? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)
    Now there's a girl who understands the banter and the crack

-Have a sticker- I don't mean to be patronising there by the way! :/

Yeh well at least you don't have brain damage from hitting your head often and hard.

And stitches from a accident with your head and a plate glass window, above a door.
    Sorry i couldn't quite hear you from all the way up there, what did you say? A sti..a stick...oh a sticker! Thank you, that's every little persons favourite

Yeah but i get injuries from having to climb up and reach certain things, even simple household appliances like cupboards, and all the money spent on stepladders..sighs. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)

I'm 6ft 9 and I couldn't care less,

Love to hear your opinions.
    Dude you must have taken loads of drugs!

To get so High! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Im 6 ft 1 ... and I just bought some heels and they make me 6 ft 5... and lets be honest I would never wear them out because I would look like a freaakkk!! Its just really manly to be so tall... so Im guessing thats why tall girls don't like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Don't. I need people to look down on
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    The taller you are the easier it is to reach the cookies.

ReputationRep:
    Meh it's like something you expect. You expect the guy to be taller than the girl, if not it 'isn't normal'
    Suppose you wouldn't expect your girlfriend to be hairier than you

I'm a guy being 6 ft 3.5 inch. and I really hate you. Just wherever I go I feel so out of place, and not to mention the many comments that I get the whole time from people like "woah, how tall are you?" or "my gosh, your tall!" are really really annyoing. That's why people care about how tall or short you are!!

ReputationRep:
    love my height too! 6'3 im guessing ill stop on 6'4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taurus26)
    Im 6 ft 1 ... and I just bought some heels and they make me 6 ft 5... and lets be honest I would never wear them out because I would look like a freaakkk!! Its just really manly to be so tall... so Im guessing thats why tall girls don't like it!
    I completley agree. I'm 6ft but alot taller when i go out in heels. I think even though some guys say height doesn't bother them, being tall not only makes girls look slightly manly (especially if they're not very slim), but can also intimidate some people and they're more likely to then keep their distance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    How tall are you?
    5'9 ....and a bit :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taurus26)
    WEAR THEM! It's not manly, you'll look elegant and graceful. Don't waste the purchase, you won't look like a freak at all. You'll stand out, surely that's the greatest gift of all, to be unique? So you'll be the tallest girl there, so what?
    Although honestly, before you brought them, did you not think to yourself.. I'm 6ft1+4 inches heels would make me 6ft5 heh? Don't let the shoes go to waste/care what anyone thinks. Wear them and walk in as though you own the goddamn place, you'll turn every head in that room/club whatever. Just don't stand next to me. I'd pretty much come up to your waist

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care, I never feel small really, but I am really an average height.

ReputationRep:
    5ft10 and love my height.
    Means i need a taller guy
    *scrummy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    The taller you are the easier it is to reach the cookies.
    Too right.

(Original post by Cupcakee)
    Meh it's like something you expect. You expect the guy to be taller than the girl, if not it 'isn't normal'
    Suppose you wouldn't expect your girlfriend to be hairier than you
    Yeah who cares about height, Hair on girls is the biggest turn off tbh. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Dude you must have taken loads of drugs!

To get so High! :yep:
    ...I lol'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    5'9 ....and a bit :emo:
    O mai gawh...:awesome:
    You are excruciatingly short :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guernseygalex)
    I completley agree. I'm 6ft but alot taller when i go out in heels. I think even though some guys say height doesn't bother them, being tall not only makes girls look slightly manly (especially if they're not very slim), but can also intimidate some people and they're more likely to then keep their distance!
    Oh I know! And most of my friends are really small, and I always have to bend down to hear them... which is soo patronising as well!

But im really glad that you still go out in heels... Ive chickened out from even buying them until recently! ... so i still cant walk in them properly

ReputationRep:
    im 5ft 2 and i dont like it, i get id'd everywhere i go, as im look about 12 in height

ReputationRep:
    I want to get to at least 6'2 or 3
    What age do u really stop growing?
    edit: I'm like 5'10 or 11 now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    O mai gawh...http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/awesome.gif
    You are excruciatingly short http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/ahee.gif
    :eyebrow:

Never heard it described that way, have you never seen a guy that "short"?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.