Turn on thread page Beta

Why are so many people bothered about there Height? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartofglass)
    WEAR THEM! It's not manly, you'll look elegant and graceful. Don't waste the purchase, you won't look like a freak at all. You'll stand out, surely that's the greatest gift of all, to be unique? So you'll be the tallest girl there, so what?
    Although honestly, before you brought them, did you not think to yourself.. I'm 6ft1+4 inches heels would make me 6ft5 heh? Don't let the shoes go to waste/care what anyone thinks. Wear them and walk in as though you own the goddamn place, you'll turn every head in that room/club whatever. Just don't stand next to me. I'd pretty much come up to your waist
    Ha yes i did notice I was very tall in the shop, but I went with one of my friends who is also very tall so the difference wasnt huge, and I sort of knew that I was never going to wear them... but they were just so pretty!!

6ft 5 though is alot above the average man tooo!! But there are a couple of my friends who are tall and have got heels so we are planning on all going out together! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    :eyebrow:

Never heard it described that way, have you never seen a guy that "short"?
    Nah, I'm usually surrounded by guys who are at least 9ft tall, y'know. :rolleyes:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    ...I lol'd
    It's cos you got a great sense of humour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartofglass)
    Being 4ft9 has been quite a big issue in my life
    You mean small? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i am 6'4 and love my height

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'5", and although I would rather be perhaps two inches shorter; it's no big deal for me. But then again, for boys its better to be "too" tall than "too" short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Too right.

Yeah who cares about height, Hair on girls is the biggest turn off tbh. :woo:
    HAHA !
    I'm a bit shorttttt but I get to wear heels more often so I'm as tall as the guys horay !

ReputationRep:
    a 6ft 1 girl With heels

Dreamy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taurus26)
    Oh I know! And most of my friends are really small, and I always have to bend down to hear them... which is soo patronising as well!

But im really glad that you still go out in heels... Ive chickened out from even buying them until recently! ... so i still cant walk in them properly
    I've learned the best thing to do is wear heels as often as possible! Then you get used to it and don't feel stupid when you eventually pluck up the courage to wear them. Also, the worst thing you can do is stoop! lots of tall girls have curved shoulders from being ashamed about their height, which just makes it look worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I'm 5'3-5'4, and I sometimes wish I could be taller. :puppyeyes:

ah, just the right height to be an elbow rest. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Elbow rests, I'm sick of having to rest my arm on the top of the window and then the centre console armrest being too far down....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Steve_Stifler)
    ah, just the right height to be an elbow rest. :p:
    You guys have it easy
    I can't rest my elbow on anyone unless it's someone who's 4'10" tall. And even then, I feel reluctant since I feel my elbow might be too heavy for them. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I like my height but the whole not being able to wear really high heels and dresses looking like tops is annoying. Ditto trousers. And I have long arms so you can add jackets to that. I'm nearly 6 foot which is irritating when you tower over people or are taller than guys. But the thing I dislike most about my height is my size 9 feet that go with it
    Enough of the negatives
    I really like my long legs and being able to see over people to find others and reaching high things is great I would also rather be 6ft than 5ft because I would look really fat, that's another height advantage!
    Just need to find a tall guy and for places to make more size 9s and I will be sorted. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Ha your 6ft 1 and my shoes are still twice your size! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guernseygalex)
    I've learned the best thing to do is wear heels as often as possible! Then you get used to it and don't feel stupid when you eventually pluck up the courage to wear them. Also, the worst thing you can do is stoop! lots of tall girls have curved shoulders from being ashamed about their height, which just makes it look worse!
    Yeaaaah I saw a picture of one of my junior friends whos got really tall, and she stoops and leans her head to her side in every picture i saw of her... it looked really weird. Luckily I have a mother who is obssessed with posture!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    HAHA !
    I'm a bit shorttttt but I get to wear heels more often so I'm as tall as the guys horay !
    Them heels must be stupidly thick then. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carter.)
    I want to get to at least 6'2 or 3
    What age do u really stop growing?
    edit: I'm like 5'10 or 11 now...
    No way of being able to guess really. Although, I think you can find out from X-rays if your growth plates have fused in which case you are done. I have a friend who stopped growing at 13, I stopped at 17 and some continue into their early 20s..

im 6'4 (maybe 6'5 now) and used to hate being tall. by the time i was 14 i was about 6'2 and got the piss taken out of me to no end, even by the teachers. its not so bad now though

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say that height doesn't matter but there are times when I feel like a bean pole. I'm 5'9" which isn't actually that tall but alot of my friends are tiny so I seem taller. Lots of my guy friends are pretty small too. In the 'real world' I like my height but in the contained school enviroment, not so much. I'm looking forward to uni though when hopefully i will make some tall friends.

ReputationRep:
    it's sad, but a girl I knew was tall and quite pretty and said that she had started smoking in an attempt to stop her growing taller.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.