Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Just wondering whether it's okay to park in the "student triangle" without a permit now? We've been told to park somewhere in Quorn and they provide a shuttle or something, but I'm deciding whether it's just better to park in the triangle and walk rather than try to find it. I'm pretty sure you don't need a permit though.

Also, did most people wear suits, or shirt and tie, or a shirt, tie and jumper, or what? Obviously it doesn't matter too much, just wondering what people who have already graduated over the last couple of days wore!

ReputationRep:
    everyone i saw yesterday had a suit and tie on

student triangle you need a permit most of the year, there are a couple of roads tht you don't during the summer, but seriously I would be ****** off if I came home from work this week and couldn't park cos graduation people had parked there, so no, I'm not going to tell you where! They bother putting on the shuttle bus, and its all signed where you need to park really clearly, all seems really easy so why not just do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Hey all,

Just wondering whether it's okay to park in the "student triangle" without a permit now? We've been told to park somewhere in Quorn and they provide a shuttle or something, but I'm deciding whether it's just better to park in the triangle and walk rather than try to find it. I'm pretty sure you don't need a permit though.
    You won't be allowed to park on campus unless you're graduating in the morning ceremony, and then they'll most likely ask to see the parking permit. As for parking in the residential area, I would advise against it. Imagine if you were staying there through summer and a load of cars for graduation ceremony were parked in your road, taking up your parking bay - you would be pretty annoyed!

It's really not that bad parking in Quorn. I did it on Thursday and there were 3 or 4 double deckers running to shuttle people to the campus. You get dropped off by the sports hall and picked up from there as well.

(Original post by little_wizard123)
    Also, did most people wear suits, or shirt and tie, or a shirt, tie and jumper, or what? Obviously it doesn't matter too much, just wondering what people who have already graduated over the last couple of days wore!
    Everyone in my ceremony wore suits (smart shirt, black trousers and tie), but without the jacket. You will boil under the gown if you have a jacket on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasp)
    You won't be allowed to park on campus unless you're graduating in the morning ceremony, and then they'll most likely ask to see the parking permit. As for parking in the residential area, I would advise against it. Imagine if you were staying there through summer and a load of cars for graduation ceremony were parked in your road, taking up your parking bay - you would be pretty annoyed!

It's really not that bad parking in Quorn. I did it on Thursday and there were 3 or 4 double deckers running to shuttle people to the campus. You get dropped off by the sports hall and picked up from there as well.

Everyone in my ceremony wore suits (smart shirt, black trousers and tie), but without the jacket. You will boil under the gown if you have a jacket on!
    Cheers for the reply, even if I did graduate on Friday :P. I was surprised the station in Quorn was so easy to find, so that was good. It saved a walk into town which was useful as the weather was awful!

I ended up leaving my jacket in the car and wearing a jumper, and put the gown on that. I then realised I looked ridiculous as everybody else just wore a shirt and tie with the gown on top, so I had to take it off!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.