Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I got in the Risk Management & Financial Eng course at Imperial College Business School and I am searching for a place to stay in.

I've heard that the halls offered for PGs aren't a very good deal since they are expensive, out of the center(South Ealing), 20-30 min on tube from the South Kensington Campus and single sex :eek: !

I am therefore trying to find a place that is close to the city center and close to the SK Campus. Are there any suggested areas? Or is anybody searching for a flatmate? I've heard that Hammersmith is a good area to start with.

ReputationRep:
    I agree the imperial postrgraduate stuff doesn't look that great. You can get some intercollegiate halls of residence organised by London, anyone know about them?

Hammersmith is quite nice, I have a friend that lived around there, but I'm only doing a 1 year masters so I think halls would be closer and possibly cheaper!

ReputationRep:
    same issue here...

wanna have some social life so start looking at halls where students live together. however the place is really really far from campus (Claybonds 50mins from S. Kensington)...any suggestions?

all our postgrad halls are single sex?

ReputationRep:
    I have confirmed a room in clayponds for £110/wk, but still looking for a better place somewhere near South Kensington within range < £160/wk and definitely not for single sex!!!

anybody knows a good one?

ReputationRep:
    Clayponds is an absolute mission. I'm getting private accommodation with friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamoz)
    I have confirmed a room in clayponds for £110/wk, but still looking for a better place somewhere near South Kensington within range < £160/wk and definitely not for single sex!!!

anybody knows a good one?
    thought the accomodation allocation result will be released only till end Aug? btw, how's ur search of flats?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.