Turn on thread page Beta

Do your parents know your having sex? watch

Im 19 and having sex with my boyfriend. I always have to lie when I spend the night with him as I know my parents would:

1) Be completely horrified by the idea.
    2) get all over protective and suspicious when I go anywhere just incase I'm going to have sex.
    3) Continuously lecture me about how bad it is, as we have not been together that long.

How are everyone else's parents..... I have been with my boyfriend six months.

ReputationRep:
    6 months is half a year, I'd say that's pretty long!

My mum knows, not sure about my dad, whenever my mum mentions about bringing my boyfriend over he starts with the 'there'll be no shagging in my house'' speech :lolwut:

My mum knows I'm on the pill so she's alright with it. Even if she wasn't she can't do anything about it or give me any grief, I'm an adult.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. And as far as im concerncerned its going to stay that way for a while

ReputationRep:
    I know my mum knows. Don't think my dad does.

ReputationRep:
    No idea, but I assume after 2 years and 8 months with my boyfriend, they'd guess ><

ReputationRep:
    Theyve probabley guessed from all the times my gfs have been over;

Mum: Oh, Is Sarah staying over tonight?
    Me: Yes (awaitings incomming questionning)
    Mum: Ah, thats nice. Well, see you at breakfast.

That was 5 years ago. Never had 'the chat', never been asked. Its awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I just don't do it under her roof when she's in the house. Seriously, you're both adults, I'm pretty sure you can talk about it

ReputationRep:
    Pffftttt.

I've only ever brought one girl home and never slept with her in my house, well I've never had anything that I'd truly call special enough to present to the parents other than my ex.

But I'm sure when I disappear for 13 hours, don't contact them and come back extremely mellow and with a look of self satisfaction, They'd know

Either that or that I'd been smoking Pot.

Actually my car smells of pot, since my friend decided to light a doobey as I filled up my tank.

Weed smells of Citrus fruits and grass :/

Shame really I have a nice big comfy super king sized sleigh bed where you can handcuff things :P

and it doesn't really squeak when you bounce and it's pretty damn solid.

Perfect.

Oh I do rant and disrupt.

I think my parents have guessed. I tend to "go out on my bike" a lot, often for 1-2 hours at a time. I do go out on my bike, but I like to stop off and people's houses to do you know what

ReputationRep:
    We'll I've never explicitly told them, and they've never asked. But they're clever people, I think they've probably worked it out - if they haven't heard.

ReputationRep:
    Your parents probably already know to be honest. I'm sure mine do, but they've never said anything. Been with my boyfriend 3 and a half years though, and neither of us are particularly religious, so they've probably figured it out by now.

ReputationRep:
    My mum knows everything. She's more like a friend tbh.
    My dad, I'm pretty sure, has got the gist by now, since I've been with my boyf for over a year and a half.

ReputationRep:
    my parents would freak :/

it doesnt help being the youngest either

ReputationRep:
    yeah, they know

the first week i lied because like i slept with him on the first date and they didn't even know he existed and thought they'd disapprove

but yeah they know, but are fairly lenient
    they barely cared when i told them he's 25 [i'm 17]

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad my parents are very very relaxed about it, they don't mind even if they're in the house

Although my mum has walked in while holding a tray of coffee and biscuits before...

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think they did until my mother told me i should go to the sexual health clinic one day out of the blue because i had a UTI.... and then declared that she'd known for ages. what i want to know is HOW.......

ReputationRep:
    Although my mum has walked in while holding a tray of coffee and biscuits before...
    CRINGEEE!

Whats worse is when they think you are having sex with your gf and offering to buy you condoms to use; when you arent. True story.

ReputationRep:
    My Mum found ym contraceptive pill packet in my mind... snooping? I think so! She got quite emotional about it, I'd ben with my boyfriend (at the time) for about a year. About a week later I asked her if she thought it was a god idea that I switch to the implant (dermal) instead of the pill. She didn't looktoo impressed that I felt it concerned her :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think after being with him for 4 years they know that we sleep together, I live with him too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.