Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your parents know your having sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't actually figure out if my parents know or not, but my mum has explained to me that she doesn't like sex before marriage. Tough ****, oops, we have a problem. Looks like I've already overstepped that boundary. They might know though. She'd just have to deal with it. After my and my girlfriend had sex in my room one day my mum came up and asked me "if I have a nice time" and a few hours later my dad came up and sat on my bed and said "this bed isn't very springy. is it broken?"

oh dear.. but yeah. I have no idea what my dad's reaction would be apart from it wouldn't be "good on you son". can't imagine it being as harsh as my mother's though.

ReputationRep:
    To everyone on here who thinks their parents don't know...

...trust me, roughly 80% of the time they'll know

ReputationRep:
    No idea at all.

ReputationRep:
    They know I'm not

ReputationRep:
    well they cant not hear all the hardcore banging me and my gf steph get upto

ReputationRep:
    My parents know i'm NOT having sex :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Well, before my mum goes out she always says to us "lock the back door if you're going upstairs", so I guess she knows lol.

ReputationRep:
    they know ive talked to them about it they're completely cool about it all and my mums catholic! my mum finds it funny to make awkward comments "can you keep the noise down next time she stays" or "you know condoms aren't 100% effective"

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if mine do. Mum has always been quite religious, I used to be, not anymore. Dunno if she knows that though, however. But my bf is from uni and when he comes to visit me during the hols she makes us sleep in different rooms, so its really annoying, esp as its the only chance i have to see him. His parents def know tho as they allow us to sleep in the same bed! Just wish mine were a bit more relaxed about the whole thing

Well my parents were once discussing me apparently (my mum told me afterwards). My dad said that perhaps I am no longer a virgin (I'm 19) and I haven't ever even had a boyfriend before. He thinks I've had one night stands!! Came back from a long holiday recently and my mum now thinks I've had sex whilst I was there, no idea why she thinks that, but apparently ive been "acting differently"
    I am still a virgin by the way :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    My mum knows, anyway. I have no idea whether my stepdad does - I never speak to him, let alone allude to having sex. I don't know what my mum tells him.
    And my dad? I'm sure he can probably guess. I never speak to him but he knows I have a boyfriend.
    What my mum doesn't know, however, is that I lost my virginity when I was 17 - I think she thinks I lost it to my current boyfriend, who I've been with since December.
    When my mum found out I had a boyfriend at Uni she started making really cringe worthy sex jokes. :erm: argh! She just seemed to know, and then a few months later I told her I'd had a pregnancy scare, so yeah. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure my parents know i'm having sex although they haven't said outright. They know i slept with my boyfriend on a regular basis when i wasn't living at home. We are not allowed to sleep together at their house, but we still get away with having sex now and then if they re out or asleep. As previous poster my mum doens't know i lost it at 17 and she doesn't know i had a pregnancy scare.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are really chilled out about that kind of thing. I'm really open with my mum anyway, and my dad gets the message With my first boyfriend when I was 15, my mum was on her way to Asda and I told her I needed some new underwear, hinting "can it be nice underwear, none of my underwear is pretty". She burst out laughing but brought me back matching bras and knickers! And went with me to go on the pill. I never even slept with that boy but my mum's always been brilliantly open. Boy/girlfriends are allowed to stay in my room (I'm bi).... and I'm allowed to bring any old friend back to "sleep on my sofa" (ahem) so my parents are basically cool with most things sexual. When I told my mum I was nervous about my year abroad (not for a few years yet) she advised me to take a French lover!
    Hm so I don't have this issue.

But everyone is different, maybe start dropping subtle hints to your parents? That's how I bring difficult things up to my folks, so they can get used to the idea gradually.

ReputationRep:
    Do my parents know my having sex? I'm sorry, I didn't know that having sex was something to own.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'd hope so otherwise I'd be guilty of rape.

ReputationRep:
    You can keep lying for now, but it would be best to tell your parents eventually. You're 19 and you have to be upfront and honest.

ReputationRep:
    mine must have guessed, what with me being 18 and all.
    My Gf's mum does, dunno about her dad. Once i heard her mum say to her 'change your spunky sheets' lol. Shes one of them mums who try to be youthful and easy to talk to, which i just find pathetic and like she cant act her age.

ReputationRep:
    I actually havn't told them but I'm sure they know. Every week or so I book a hotel with my gf (don't really like having sex in my house, especially when family is present under the same roof). So yeah it's just common sense really, what else would my parents think the weekly hotel stay is for, arts and crafts? :rolleyes:

I love the sexy times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)
    Shame really I have a nice big comfy super king sized sleigh bed where you can handcuff things :P

and it doesn't really squeak when you bounce and it's pretty damn solid.

I'll be at your house in 15 mins ;D
    Lol xD

ReputationRep:
    Def. It's never mentioned thank goodness...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.