The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
My mum bought condoms for me and left them on my desk. i was like WTH.
Reply 61
Anonymous
Im 19 and having sex with my boyfriend. I always have to lie when I spend the night with him as I know my parents would:

1) Be completely horrified by the idea.
2) get all over protective and suspicious when I go anywhere just incase I'm going to have sex.
3) Continuously lecture me about how bad it is, as we have not been together that long.

How are everyone else's parents..... I have been with my boyfriend six months.

your parents will probably try and just convince thenmmselves tehir daughters an angel. they won't want to know tbh
Both my parents know. They're really cool with that.
Reply 63
I've never actually told my parents but I'm sure they've probably guessed- I've been with my boyfriend 3 1/2 years and we stay round eachothers house all the time.
My mum and step dad know, but if my dad found out I don't think he'd be too pleased.
My parents would dispossess me if they knew.
Reply 66
*you're

and probably, not that they've said anything.
Yeah mine know and have done for years.
It's not an issue to them as they understand that my life is MY LIFE. If I make a mistake (i.e. getting a gf pregnant) they will support me and appreciate that it was my decision.

I've moved out to live with an ex and then moved back in, this made a huge difference. I don't feel its an issue to have anyone around to the house along as I'm respecting their privacy and not keeping them up at night.
Reply 68
maxfire
*you're

and probably, not that they've said anything.

No it's your- you're means you are.
Reply 69
d.b.asf

Oh right yeah, because "Do your parents know you are having sex" makes no sense at all...

EDIT: I think you're looking at the wrong "your".
Mine don't know and they'l never know if I have my way. Bloody uptight christians. They'd have the most massive hissy fit if they knew that I wasn't a virgin.
d.b.asf

LOL. Are you thick?
Reply 72
Mine would have no problem.
But as they want to know everything and I don't want to disclose information about such personal issues, I've persuaded them I don't... (same with some friends of mine who can't keep their mouth shut! :yes:) :biggrin:
Reply 73
no, never spoke to them about it, they never mentioned. But the only boyfriend I had before I moved out at 18 I'd had for about a year and a half, and because I know they wouldn't approve of him being a boyfriend, he only came over to mine when I had a big bunch of friends over and we would just play it out as friends, I went to his house and pretended I was just going to a friends house/study sessions (That went overnight) So I hever even slept with him in the same house as they were.

Even since moving out, I never say anything, they never ask. I am so glad because I would hate it if they asked. I don't open up much to the parents about anything.
Reply 74
maxfire
Oh right yeah, because "Do your parents know you are having sex" makes no sense at all...

EDIT: I think you're looking at the wrong "your".

Ha I was indeed looking at the wrong 'your'- I am thick.

Sorry :smile:
Reply 75
Anonymous
Im 19 and having sex with my boyfriend. I always have to lie when I spend the night with him as I know my parents would:

1) Be completely horrified by the idea.
2) get all over protective and suspicious when I go anywhere just incase I'm going to have sex.
3) Continuously lecture me about how bad it is, as we have not been together that long.

How are everyone else's parents..... I have been with my boyfriend six months.
So what do you think your parents think you get up to? Do you really think that you two have that much to talk about? Are your parents as sheltered and naive as you? :curious:
Reply 76
my mum knows i'm on the pill so...
I presume they know as he stops at mine at uni, and I stop over at his every now and then when we're at home. It's never been directly spoken of, and I'd happily keep it that way.

Before we were having sex my parents gave me the talk and my dad was concerned I hadn't asked to book a doctors appointment >.< The first time the boy came round my parents went out - we were in the lounge - and when they came back we came don from upstairs. Dad had a huge go at me for being up there with him because "they didn't know what they'd walked in on and dind't feel they could go upstairs andit wasn't fair for them to feel like prisoners in their own home" :erm:
...he was fixing my computer because it was spazzed out and he's good with them.

When I first told them I was going to be stopping at his when home from uni [this was telling them over the phone] my dad paused and then said "this is new territory for your mother and I, so bear with us if we get uncomfortable"
>.< Now whenever I stay over I feel like im asking 'do you mind if me and the boy have some nice sexy time tonight?' which isn't the most comfortable feeling. Thanks Dad.

Once we were getting it on in my house - we never ever normally have sex in my house whilst they were in - and halfway through my dad knocked on my door and asked us if we fancied a cup of tea. We both just paused in our positions, motionless whilst I commented that 'that would be lovely, thanks Dad'. We then collapsed and got dressed. I don't think we were in any state to continue. We've not tried again XD
My Dad is scary, my boy is terrified of him :rofl:

So yeh, they know :p: but it is never spoken of.
Reply 78
Judging on the "You should probably go on the pill, our family are known to be highly fertile" speech, I would assume so.
Reply 79
Oh they know. I've never told them, but I think they might have found out when they caught me having sex with an ex in my room :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending