Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not at the moment.... although I might call and let them know.....

well my mum has caught me a few times so im guessing she knows :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    well my mum has caught me a few times so im guessing she knows :sigh:
    A few times? Lol :p:

I'm sure mine know at this stage, I'm with my bf a year and a half. They saw my pill package in my uni room once when they came over, I forgot to move it. I was so mad at myself! They're not the kind to say anything though. Apparently my auntie was teasing my mum saying that they'd need to get me a double bed in my room for when I came home to visit. She used the phrase "There'll be none of that in this house" (they're not the type to be comfortable with it lol). But I've never had a bf at home and I live in another country so there's not that much they can do about it. The one time I got a talk about it was after my dad saw an msn conversation with some guy I was going to meet up with (it was a very obvious conversation that I cringe about thinking of lol). And that was more the safety part of actually meeting him.

ReputationRep:
    My parents know and are fine about it- when I first bought my boyfriend home my dad said 'Why do you think we bought you a double bed?' and my mum convinced me to go on the pill.

His parents on the other hand make me sleep in the spare room when I visit (they are very religious) and don't think they realise that he sneaks into the spare room every night

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've never had a boyfriend, but after two years of being a student and travelling around they must've twigged on to the fact. Plus I'm almost 22. But if they still think I'm a virgin then let them. We don't talk about these things, at all. And I prefer it that way.

ReputationRep:
    Been with my boyfriend for over a year and a half, im think they may of guessed, but when they ask i lie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d.b.asf)
    Ha I was indeed looking at the wrong 'your'- I am thick.

Sorry
    Da's K BLAD.

ReputationRep:
    My parents made certain assumptions by 6 months into my first relationship...incorrect assumptions given that we didn't sleep together for ~2 years (combination of factors).

ReputationRep:
    They probably guessed (when I was with my girlfriend) but their hyper overprotective so maybe they went with the whole 'my baby wouldnt do something like that' approach?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course, the guest room i sleep in with my bf is next to their room...so even if i'd never mentioned it i am quite sure they would have ehard

ReputationRep:
    I assume they guessed, I was with my ex for 3 years and we had plenty of "alone time". Never discussed it though

ReputationRep:
    I don't talk to them about it, but considering I'm 21, we have been together four years and spend about four nights a week together they would have to be rather naive to think I was not having sex.

ReputationRep:
    My mom found a pregnancy test on my bed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 19 and having sex with my boyfriend. I always have to lie when I spend the night with him as I know my parents would:

1) Be completely horrified by the idea.
    2) get all over protective and suspicious when I go anywhere just incase I'm going to have sex.
    3) Continuously lecture me about how bad it is, as we have not been together that long.

How are everyone else's parents..... I have been with my boyfriend six months.
    After the first month I was staying at his every weekend, and then she phoned me up when she was drunk about it so not sure she's actually figured it out; she knows we sleep in the same bed though haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    My mom found a pregnancy test on my bed...
    Mine found one under my bed, in a drawer, dunno what she was doing under there but she came in one night like 'right, I know it's not for you but can I borrow that test for my friend'... riggght

ReputationRep:
    Well we are married with a child now but I'm sure they guessed when I got my first bf at 18 and stayed round his/visited each other at uni all the time. I can talk to my mum about it but def not my dad.

ReputationRep:
    I assume so, seen as though a) I've been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, b) they know we sleep in the same bed frequently at uni and c) she's spent an entire week at the family home where we've slept together in a double bed. My dad has casually dropped vague lines like "I hope you're being safe" when off his face, without mentioning the S word (i mean that'd be too obvious...). Other than times such as those, it's never been mentioned. I've never had the talk, thank god. Not as though I'd really mind talking about sex if my parents weren't as conservative as they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whats worse is when they think you are having sex with your gf and offering to buy you condoms to use; when you arent. True story.
    my mum does that I used to find packs of them in my top draw and im like "heh shes on the pill" on something in my mind

The worst thing is with my new girlfriend stayed for the first time last week and after the 2nd night my mum comes in sorta morning ish and goes "if you wake me up again having sex , I will come in and throw cold water on you both" man I could of died of shame lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they would. My mum gave me a "pull a nice bird!" talk not long ago. I kept facepalming and she didn't pick up on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    my mum does that I used to find packs of them in my top draw and im like "heh shes on the pill" on something in my mind

The worst thing is with my new girlfriend stayed for the first time last week and after the 2nd night my mum comes in sorta morning ish and goes "if you wake me up again having sex , I will come in and throw cold water on you both" man I could of died of shame lol.

:eek:

:rofl:

You poor thing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.