Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if you are 19 years old, your an adult! its none of your parents buisness anyway! if you want to stay at his house just tell them dont ask them! (if they dont want him sleeping at their home then fine, because it is their house)

me and by boyfriend have been staying at eachothers houses since we were 17, and sharing a bed. we dont have sex when anyone is in though because we both think its disrespectful, but thats just us.

by the way, i think having sex after been together for 6 months is around the right time to wait. me and my bf did wait longer, but we were younger than you and neither of us had had sex before.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha I'm pretty sure the only time my parents will know for sure that I'm at it will be when they meet their grandchild. We have pretty much NO relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I think they've guessed that I am by now...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they know.

ReputationRep:
    I think they know. My Dad just loves making crude jokes. Jokes for which mum pretends to look disgusted and (I can tell) is trying not to laugh about.

ReputationRep:
    not entirely sure, i think so though because i have loads of condoms (not used HA) lying around in my room aha

also i know my gf's mum knows because she said to me gf 'we know what you two get upto you know' aha but theyre chill its fine.

also - 6 months into a relationship i think it would be fairly obviously at 17?

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to say anything to parents about this. They just know.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hmm well I'm married and am pregnant with my third baby....I'd say my parents probably have a fair idea lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    I'll be at your house in 15 mins ;D
    Lol xD

I'll get the Champagne out then :o:

I've never had sex but hasn't stop my parents mentioning it before. Oh the horror haha.

I had a friend who was a guy come over for my birthday and he slept over, nothing whatsoever happened and I'm sure my parents suspected something had happened as they were overly weird for a while after. Why can't people just accept that a girl and a guy can be friends with no strings attached.

Oh and before I went to my prom my dad was like NO sex.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not having sex in the first place so nope

ReputationRep:
    Presumably they'll have heard by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    my mum does that I used to find packs of them in my top draw and im like "heh shes on the pill" on something in my mind

The worst thing is with my new girlfriend stayed for the first time last week and after the 2nd night my mum comes in sorta morning ish and goes "if you wake me up again having sex , I will come in and throw cold water on you both" man I could of died of shame lol.
    Do the same to her :lol: her house her rules I know, but it's what I'd do and i'd have a good old laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and my parents know full well I'm NOT having sex lol. When I do, it's not some big secret either. They'll meet him, he'll be over a lot of the time - it's just something my parents have to accept - in fact, I doubt they'd have a problem with it at all tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure they do as today for the second time my box of naughty things was found, I make jokes about it tbh lol.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend left her pills at mine. My mum had to post them to her house. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Being a (step) parent of a teenager myself, I can safely say we know or have a good idea about what you are up to.

All that stuff you think we dont, we do, we just choose not to mention it. We've been there done it bought the T-shirt and pick our battles.

Can't speak for all parents of course but think how many times your parents have stepped in just before in hind sight you have / would of made a huge mistake. The times you get into deep poop are normally the ones you managed to slip by them lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vokes)
    Being a (step) parent of a teenager myself, I can safely say we know or have a good idea about what you are up to.

All that stuff you think we dont, we do, we just choose not to mention it. We've been there done it bought the T-shirt and pick our battles.

This scares me more than I can possibly say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayla Phoenix)
    This scares me more than I can possibly say
    Then my work here is done! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My Mum does definitely, I think my Dad does too
    My boyfriend's Mum would be horrified

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.