Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your parents know your having sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As sheltered as i sometimes think my parents are, i'm pretty certain they know i have sex.

Hehe remember when i was 16 and going out in town with then bf. He was staying in a hotel and i was "staying at a friends", my mum said to me "if you're not really stayng at laura's then be careful " CRINGE!

So yes..they know

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't specifically told them but they must know ..... if they didn't then it would have been confirmed when they were helping me pack up my room at uni and found a used condom wrapper under my bed :o:

ReputationRep:
    My mum know because I have a very open relationship with my mother, and I would assume that my dad probably knows since I live with my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention that it was my mother who took me to get the pill, who suggested it even, when I started dating my boyfriend lol.

ReputationRep:
    the fact that my parents know me, lived in the same house as me and that im 28 id say yes they know i have sex

if they thought i was still a virgin they would be asking some serious questions by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 19 and having sex with my boyfriend. I always have to lie when I spend the night with him as I know my parents would:

1) Be completely horrified by the idea.
    2) get all over protective and suspicious when I go anywhere just incase I'm going to have sex.
    3) Continuously lecture me about how bad it is, as we have not been together that long.

How are everyone else's parents..... I have been with my boyfriend six months.
    When I was 17 I went to Cornwall with a friend for a week, before I left my dad said "Have you got any condoms Hols? It's important to have them", so (very embarrassed) I went upstairs, got one and put it in my suitcase in front of both my parents, so that they could see that I was taking one. As I zipped up my case my mum said "What? Only one? For a week? PRUDE"
    I love my parents, they RULE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shanice_)
    Not to mention that it was my mother who took me to get the pill, who suggested it even, when I started dating my boyfriend lol.
    So did mine, once I was already on it and I'd been with my boyfriend for 6 months :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they know he's a darling :yep:

Yep, both sets of parents know and are fine with it.
    We'd only been together for a few weeks when the uni holidays were, and we both stayed at each others' houses in each others' rooms then (didn't have sex til back at uni). My mum comments on it sometimes! worst thing is I'm convinced his parents can probs hear us having sex when we're at his as walls are quite thin and rooms are near. doesn't stop us though he says his family are very open about sex.

LOL, the virgins reading this (myself included) must be feeling so left out:

"Everyone's doing it but me..."

Anyway, even if I was sexually active, I'd never let my parents find out - at least for a while. They wouldn't mind, but they'd freak out a little and end up seeing me in a different light. It'd be really awkward. My family isn't too open about sex (that's Asian people for you).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... I told them, it was pretty pointless trying to hide it from them anyway, they're not morons after-all.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I never outwardly told my parents "Hey look im having sex!!" but I think it was kinda assumed, and its just been left that way. No point lying about it, bit by bit by bit as then your more likely to be in the wrong when it all comes to light.

Just dont mention it,

Yep with my ex (first proper bf) both sets of parents knew. my dad was a bit disappointed when he found out but there wasnt much he could do about it, plus it was a long term relationship!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.