Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys,

Well, i was diagnosed with a Perforated Eardrum about 2 weeks ago. My doctor prescribed me and earspray, and i had to go back today to see her so that she could see if it's healed.

When i went in, she said that the good news is that the Perforation seems to have healed up, but the bad news is that there is quite alot of discharge in the ear. She said i'll have to have treatment from her for a while to clear it up (they can't do the pipe cleaning method cos the ear is weak from the Perforation, so they don't wanna risk perforating it again).

She cleaned some of it out using this metal pole thing, with some cotton wool on the end (she told me not to do this myself as she can see what she's doing!) It was quite sore when she put it down, as i jumped a foot in the air.

Anyway, tonight my ear seems sooooo itchy and abit achy, what could that be from?

ReputationRep:
    Its probably just the irritation of your ear canal from being prodded and poked earlier. The best thing you can do it try not to fiddle with it and find something to take your mind off the itching so you can ignore it!

Irritation... as above. Good that the perforation has healed though

ReputationRep:
    Don't touch it. Give it a day or two then go back if it's still a problem. Obviously if it becomes really painful, get it looked at asap.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.