Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Accounting and finance @ UoM Vs Accounting and finance @ MMU watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    would want to know,
    what do you think which one is better in terms of lectures, seminars, student satisfaction..etc and ultimately in terms of jobs?..league tables give not soo true picture of the reality actually...cheers:cool:

University of Manchester... without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    University of Manchester hands down. If you can get in there I would advise you to go there over MMU. League table rankings shouldn't matter but in reality they do.

ReputationRep:
    UoM...it's a no brainer.

ReputationRep:
    As everyone say UoM. You'll love it. Come here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    As everyone say UoM. You'll love it. Come here
    You at UoM? how are the modules, how many papers exemptions? how are the lectures there, i have heard/read teachers are not good at explaing stuff and not much of help either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohd.)
    You at UoM? how are the modules, how many papers exemptions? how are the lectures there, i have heard/read teachers are not good at explaing stuff and not much of help either.
    I am at UoM. I'm just going into my second year. Exemptions depend on the modules you choose. There will be information on the websites. Unlike a lot of A&F courses that unis offer, UoM allows you to choose some modules in A&F and other subjects to make up your credits. There are the usual compulsories though.

If you can get to UoM it is a much better university than MMU in the league tables and general opinion for A&F and in general, so I'd advise it. We all need as many advantages as we can in this climate.

My experience from the first year, the lectures aren't bad. They're like any top university/university in general. No, you don't get things spoon-fed to you and you really do need to do your own work to do well - but that's always the case with a 'practice' based subject like A&F anyway. There are some good lecturers and some bad ones but they never stop you fulfilling your potential. Over the first year I averaged 79.4 , so yeah. COME HERE

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.