Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does the morning after pill effect your period Watch

ReputationRep:
    i took the morning after pill for the 1st time today. im not on the contreceptve pill but usualy get very regular periods that are always exactly on time. but im now worried because ive taken the morning after pill it may mess up my next period? ive heard it can make it come late or early and be heavier than usual?

Also do u suffer side effects from it? i took it this afternoon and havent been feeling quite right since, feel quite tired and just a little wierd

ReputationRep:
    There shouldn't be any side effects. Some are sick and this means it might not have worked. Please read the leaflet inside the box, it will answer all these questions.

And yeah it's likely your next period might not be on time, mine came late after taking it, and tbh they've been different ever since I took it. Might be a coincidence, but they don't have the same pattern they always used to. (I'm on the normal pill also, Microgynon).

ReputationRep:
    It can make you sick to the stomach, but doesn't always. The one time I took it it made me really, really tired. And yes, it affected my period.

ReputationRep:
    I felt really, really sick and it made my period really late.

It made my period like 2 weeks early :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.