Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

So I am applying for uni this september for Fashion with Business Studies at Brighton Uni or Fashion Media & Promotion Northbrook College.

I'm more drawn to Brighton Uni as it's a uni and I feel will be better! Whats the nightlife like? I intend to go out most nights and go mad as I will be free lol

At Brighton Uni whats better halls or private accomodation?

Northbrook college anyone know what thats like? Many people go there? How do you get accomodation etc

Anything else you can add will be great! and much appreciated!

Thanks x

Never heard of Northbrook. Go to Brighton, at least people have heard of it and it has a good social scene. Halls are generally best for the first year - easy way of meeting people and finding people to share houses with in subsequent years.

ReputationRep:
    If you've looked at Northbrook web site it's not dificult to find
    http://www.northbrook.ac.uk/accommodation/
    Think that means they don't have any college halls. Traditionally Northbrook took most of its students from the local area who lived at home. Worthing's not so full of students as Brighton so rents in private houses may be cheaper. Don't know about Fashion and textile but Northbrook/Worthing's known for Art & Design as a speciality. But of course so is Bton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FalmerGrad)
    If you've looked at Northbrook web site it's not dificult to find
    http://www.northbrook.ac.uk/accommodation/
    Think that means they don't have any college halls. Traditionally Northbrook took most of its students from the local area who lived at home. Worthing's not so full of students as Brighton so rents in private houses may be cheaper. Don't know about Fashion and textile but Northbrook/Worthing's known for Art & Design as a speciality. But of course so is Bton.
    Yeah sorry I know theres is no halls I just meant how do you get in touch with other students to get accompdation and if I went there I would live in Brighton and travel to the college, but I think I may consider Brighton uni, as would be a much better choice more people more fun! And there will be a freshers week too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooke2008)
    Hiya,

So I am applying for uni this september for Fashion with Business Studies at Brighton Uni or Fashion Media & Promotion Northbrook College.

I'm more drawn to Brighton Uni as it's a uni and I feel will be better! Whats the nightlife like? I intend to go out most nights and go mad as I will be free lol

At Brighton Uni whats better halls or private accomodation?

Northbrook college anyone know what thats like? Many people go there? How do you get accomodation etc

Anything else you can add will be great! and much appreciated!

Thanks x
    you decided where you're going yet? i'm going to northbrook to do fashion media & promotion in sept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilesandhairdye)
    you decided where you're going yet? i'm going to northbrook to do fashion media & promotion in sept
    Hiyaaaa, sorry for the late reply, i'm applying for uni this sept so if i do choose to go there it wont be till next year are you moving to brighton? I really like the course at northbrook im just scared about applying there as it isnt a uni, and it wont be the same? But its exacley what i want to do, so please let me know what u think of the course etc etc, much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    heyy, well really i think the only things that's different in that it doesn't have halls & i'm not too sure what the plans are for freshers week, but other than that, the fashion department is in a completely different place to where the college area is. the fashion department looks awesomeee, they did a tour for me when i had my interview.

i'm not moving to brighton, no, i'mmoving to worthing, where the actual university is as it's cheaper for accomodation and so i don't have to travel much to get to uni every morning

but yeah, i'll let you know how the course goes & how it seems

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, well yeah please let me know, sounds good tho

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Brighton Grand Parade campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  • University of Brighton
    Brighton Moulsecoomb campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.