Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire_Elizabeth)
    How did you manage that if you were awake?
    I don't exactly know. I was fixing a bike with a wrench, next thing I know my arm spasms and I punch myself in the face. Bloody hurt as well. Eyes watered and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    I know the feeling: I like to pop bubbles.

Cotton wool on skin :coma:

Id like to retract the cotton wool idea lol! Ive just remembered what it feels like! *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I don't exactly know. I was fixing a bike with a wrench, next thing I know my arm spasms and I punch myself in the face. Bloody hurt as well. Eyes watered and everything.

Surprised you didnt take your eye out with the wrench :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Serious comment you might have an iron deficiancy and/or be anemic.
    It's nothing to worry over but if it is annoying or a problem for you it might be good to see your gp who, if you do have an iron deficiancy, would prescribe iron supplements.. or you could just get some multivitamins containing +iron because multivitamins are good for you no matter what.
    If it turns out you are anemic its nothing serious to worry about and the doctor could prescribe you something.
    It may feel silly to go to your doctor over something like this but random bruising is a symptom of iron deficiancy.
    If you've recently had your period you might just be low on iron if it was a bit of an...exciting period...

ReputationRep:
    Id like to retract the cotton wool idea lol! Ive just remembered what it feels like! *shudders*
    Think of another option. How about you wrap a blanket around yourself and keep your arms out (:naughty:) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destes)
    It's nothing to worry over but if it is annoying or a problem for you it might be good to see your gp who, if you do have an iron deficiancy, would prescribe iron supplements.. or you could just get some multivitamins containing +iron because multivitamins are good for you no matter what.
    If it turns out you are anemic its nothing serious to worry about and the doctor could prescribe you something.
    It may feel silly to go to your doctor over something like this but random bruising is a symptom of iron deficiancy.
    If you've recently had your period you might just be low on iron if it was a bit of an...exciting period...

I never thought of that to be honest, deffo something to take in to considertation thank you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destes)
    And why would you think that? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I never thought of that to be honest, deffo something to take in to considertation thank you !
    Ignore him, that's clearly rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a doctor or anything but my sister has 'exciting periods' as she calls them and has to take iron tablets during and after. she finds loads of random bruising popping up on her arms and upper legs and the doctor told her it was nothing to worry about and just to take the tablets. Seems to of helped her.
    Did say go to the doctor and ask, if it's bothering her. Wasn't trying to diagnose just tell her to see doctor if it's annoying and interfering with what she can wear etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.