Turn on thread page Beta

Why bouncer let girls go to the loo when they don't intend to drink? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    In my experience quite a lot of Bouncers are just complete jackasses. Seems like some of them have just gone into the job just to have some authority, push people around and take out some of their anger. I've never been on the recieving end of this because I'm not an agrressive person at all but I've seen people being wrongly pushed about quite a few times.

I remember just before last entry in one of the clubs I went to I asked the bouncer if I could just go out to the cash machine, he agreed and he said several times that I would be allowed back in again. I went to the bank machine only to find the doors closed, when the bouncer who let me out opened them again, he just told me to **** off. Pretty ******* rediculous, I paid 10 quid to get in just half an hour before this and then get refused entry after being told I would be allowed back in...
    So they would really fork out £300 and go on an SIA course just to take out their anger, i think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    So they would really fork out £300 and go on an SIA course just to take out their anger, i think not.
    Of course that isn't the SOLE reason, however from what I've seen I wouldn't be surprised if being able to release anger wasn't a big incentive for some of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Bouncers are very chivalrous. In queues, a lot of girls queue jump and bouncers don't bat an eyelid. I queued for an hour to get into a club once and the bouncer had the audacity to accuse me of queue jumping. I told him to look at the CCTV camera which won the argument. While I was queuing, every five minutes or so a group of girls would join the line in front of us knowing they would get away with it.

As well as being chivalrous, they are often power hungry *****. Most bouncers are OK, friendly and can be capable of good banter giving an aura of welcoming to a venue rather than of excessive authoritarianism. I appreciate they are there to do their job and they do a good job mostly. Though some are there to empower themselves through the use of silly force. In one club I was told discreetly not to carry my glass bottle while I was on the dance floor. In another I was dragged off the dance floor to be shouted the same message.
    Thats not chivalry, thats just the bouncer thinking the women might end up liking the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benking116)
    Maybe OP, its because that Door Supervisor may know the female, may even be giving her a lift home?

I work as a Head Door Supervisor, and we often will let Females do things which we wouldnt let men do. And you have proved why, because men will give it attitude, and expect things to happen, where as women will generally avoid confrontation, and may even slip away without causing trouble.

Ever come to my bar with attitude, and you wouldnt know where to look.

Oh, and BTW, I have never, and will never use roids!
    I was an usher at my cousins wedding, I wasn't the Head Seating Logistics Coordinator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    I was an usher at my cousins wedding, I wasn't the Head Seating Logistics Coordinator.
    Maybe not, but Door Supervision is the title of the Job, and that is how it stands.

I don't have a "bouncers" licence, I have a Door Supervisors licence, and a qualification as a Head Door Supervisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    Bouncer is slang for a job which is officially titled door supervisor. An usher is an usher.

ReputationRep:
    thats just how bouncers are... they welcome women :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinjaing)
    I think that bouncers are often biased towards women
    Of course they do. Girls don't get stone cold drunk and start fights for the hell of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    Of course they do. Girls don't get stone cold drunk and start fights for the hell of it.
    er.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid women are probably worse for doing that than men.

ReputationRep:
    If you actually spoke to any bouncers theyd probably tell you women are worse for it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.