Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

This is my first post on here and I thought I'd see if anyone had been to Albufiera before? Theres a group of 8 of us going on the 13-20th august and we are staying in parq de corvada or something!

So is there lots to do? any places people reccomend?

Thanks

Paddy

ReputationRep:
    Have you searched on Google?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure someone else said exactly the same thing not long ago - guess it's popular for groups.

There's a fair bit to do! Although I went to Villamoura..

ReputationRep:
    I've been before. Don Cheadle walked right by me as I was walking down the street.

I'm not joking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the same place a week later! :O

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i have searched google but i thought it would be good too hear other people of the same age ranges opinions.

kool is Villamoura good? its only like 15 minutes away isnt it?

Paddy

ReputationRep:
    Actually, no wait, I lie. That place was one that we looked at! I'm going to another one, oopsies, sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    where you going now? still albufiera and just different apartments?

ReputationRep:
    I was in that area in June There is a town called Lagos nearby which is really good craic and there are loads of good beaches nearby..not much else to say actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pads)
    Yeh i have searched google but i thought it would be good too hear other people of the same age ranges opinions.

kool is Villamoura good? its only like 15 minutes away isnt it?

Paddy
    Yeah, I believe it was okay.. we travelled to Albufeira etc. a lot though, and these areas were great for tourists, I seem to remember. A lot of bars, restaurants, etc. on the docks. The beaches are nice in Lagos :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Went there a few weeks ago and thought it was great. In the day, when you aren't relaxing by the pool, you'll probably want to go to one of the waterparks like Aquashow or Slide & Splash. Good fun for a day out.

The beaches are good. The best one is probably is probably Fisherman's Beach as it's not too breezy and they have things like pedalos for hire and parasailing for the adventurous.
    Nightlife is split into two bits. The Old Town and the New Town, or 'The Strip'. To be honest both of them are pretty lively but the Old Town maybe has more of a focus on restaurants and the New Town is bigger on bars and small clubs. There's a land train that links the two parts areas or you can get a cab for about €4 to pretty much anywhere. If your in a big group everywhere will offer you free shots and in some places they don't mess around. You can get a big shot of strong vodka in some places which might put you off balance pretty early (if you're anything like me anyway!). I can't remember the name of the bar at the top of the strip by the crossroads but it has two bars and the prices and the atmosphere are really good and worth a visit at the start of a night out.

Have a great time. It's really good there.

ReputationRep:
    I was there a few weeks ago. Stayed in a resort called Vilanova, it was right on the Strip which was awesome. Was there in a group of 14. Good times had by all lol. Few of my mates could prob recommend a few more places than myself but Cafe del Mar was popular amongst us (ask for a dragonball), Liberto's is a very classy place and very expensive, usually have a live band on, but this was my sort of place, fairly chilled out. I wasn't too impressed with Matt's Bar, which most reviews seem to recommend, although Reno's Bar was okay. O and a lot of my mates made it to Kiss Nightclub, didn't go myself but we got free VIP passes in (which I believe it is normally 14 euro admission) from Libertos bar staff after spending some time there, but Kiss is open to 7am so head there after being at the other places..

There's plenty of great restaurants.. Can't remember many names.

ReputationRep:
    Cafe Del Mar. That's the name I forget. Quality place. I wouldn't stay for longer than a couple of drinks though. Patcha was another popular one.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info guys. one question though, theres no sinister reason not to stay longer than a few drinks is there?

Thanks

Paddy

ReputationRep:
    Go to Cafe del Mar on the strip and tell Marco I said heya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pads)
    Thanks for the info guys. one question though, theres no sinister reason not to stay longer than a few drinks is there?

Thanks

Paddy
    Oh, no no. Stay however long you like. I just thought it got a bit stale after a while. Probably because we went there virtually every night. It's more a pub kind of place and I preferred the livelier bars.

ReputationRep:
    yeh paddy i'm just staying in different apartments. Thanks on the info tho guys, pretty handy to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inkblot)
    Went there a few weeks ago and thought it was great. In the day, when you aren't relaxing by the pool, you'll probably want to go to one of the waterparks like Aquashow or Slide & Splash. Good fun for a day out.

The beaches are good. The best one is probably is probably Fisherman's Beach as it's not too breezy and they have things like pedalos for hire and parasailing for the adventurous.
    Nightlife is split into two bits. The Old Town and the New Town, or 'The Strip'. To be honest both of them are pretty lively but the Old Town maybe has more of a focus on restaurants and the New Town is bigger on bars and small clubs. There's a land train that links the two parts areas or you can get a cab for about €4 to pretty much anywhere. If your in a big group everywhere will offer you free shots and in some places they don't mess around. You can get a big shot of strong vodka in some places which might put you off balance pretty early (if you're anything like me anyway!). I can't remember the name of the bar at the top of the strip by the crossroads but it has two bars and the prices and the atmosphere are really good and worth a visit at the start of a night out.

Have a great time. It's really good there.
    This is a pretty good post. I was there a few weeks ago, and this is basically a better version of what I would've said.

It's a great place. The weather seems to be constantly fantastic. There's a restaurant, I forget its name, that has a 6 euros fifty deal for a small beer, a salad and a chicken piri piri and chips meal. They don't mess around - it's very nice.

Also, I'd heartily recommend the port they have out there.

ReputationRep:
    Kool thanks guys

Really looking forward to it now! cant wait for it to come!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just back a couple of weeks ago

It's soooo good, once you get there you won't have to look for things to do!!

Speaking portuguese gets you a load of free drinks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.