Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    why have they put their prices back up to 99p?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic...9301891,00.htm

In April, Apple started charging more for popular songs (99p) while they also have 79p and 59p songs (which are less popular).

ReputationRep:
    There is always an alternative to buying music. That's all I'm gonna say or else I'll get warned lol.

ReputationRep:
    the price seems a bit unhealthy, i wouldn't pay a pound for a song anyway

ReputationRep:
    Buy it from a cheaper, better retailer like Play.com?

ReputationRep:
    Inflation is at 20%.

ReputationRep:
    Because people who happily buy DRM-infested songs are usually tools who'll accept this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Apple are scumbags. That's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    There is always an alternative to buying music. That's all I'm gonna say or else I'll get warned lol.
    :yep: :borat:

ReputationRep:
    People are still paying for music?

disclaimer: I do not condone the illegal downloading of music from FREE file-sharing sites such as limewire

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they are - I'm not going to pay a pound for a single track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caaakeeey)
    Inflation is at 20%.
    It actually would be nearer 25%...

But in fact it's on the negative side of zero.

ReputationRep:
    lmao why am i laughing so hard at the title????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    I know **** isn't it! Mind you I suppose I could use a certain citrus type application for...ahem...purchasing music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_can_has)
    lmao why am i laughing so hard at the title????
    Well ok so it never went away but 80p was a little more reasonable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    People are still paying for music?

disclaimer: I do not condone the illegal downloading of music from FREE file-sharing sites such as limewire
    i DEFINATELY wouldn't condone the use of limewire, due to the fact that it's a pile of virus infested ****. utorrent currently have an offer of buy none get 1000 free OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Not buying music? :angel:

ReputationRep:
    iTunes is trying to charge around £50 for the latest season of House in HD. Digital downloads are supposed to be more affordable because it cuts out the need for physical discs and covers and the transport and effort of retailers. It's ******** (rhymes with swollocks). I'd love not to get a warning point for that.

I hate Apple now, they're too much like Windows. They even charge for iPod Touch & iPhone firmware updates now! The cheek of it!

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to Apple they're getting rid of this DRM stuff.

A lot of singles sales are made by the advertisement of them being at the top of the charts. iTunes are capitalising on people who jump on the bandwagon.

I rarely buy songs on iTunes that are at the top. They are on the radio enough and play in clubs all the time. I spend money on iTunes for songs I like and wish to fund the cause of the artist keeping up the good work.

ReputationRep:
    I have a somewhat "cheaper" method

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.