Turn on thread page Beta

I have a problem when I speak to girls watch

Anon or delete.

This has been happening for a long time, longer than I can remember. I get all shy and flustered when I speak to girls. My problem happens because I find almost all girls I meet around my age or older really attractive, be it her face, bum, tits, personality or whatever. Most of them find me cute and kinda shy but I promise I'm not shy, just overwhelmed by the girl's attractiveness. Sooner or late, I'm sure they think I'm simply just weird or perverse but really, I'm nothing like that.

How can I stop this happening and will it affect my friendships with girls at university and my chances of getting a gf?

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to more girls and get used to conversing with them, they are really not that much of an alien species that you will never be able to talk to them without reacting this way. The more you practice talking the more comfortable you will feel in their pressence.

ReputationRep:
    Get intimate with a few, that helps.
    When you first nail a lass you get a lot more confident to.
    Get wasted at parties, you wont be at all shy then.
    Always look them in the eye, if you stand there talking and you are looking past them or at the floor they wont like that.

Failing that, only talk to fat and ugly girls. They arent attractive to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine everyone in their underwear.. infact don't.

You'll grow out of it, just find a girl you dont find attractive but have alot in common with and become good friends with her, this should help you to become more comfortable around the women folk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

This has been happening for a long time, longer than I can remember. I get all shy and flustered when I speak to girls. My problem happens because I find almost all girls I meet around my age or older really attractive, be it her face, bum, tits, personality or whatever. Most of them find me cute and kinda shy but I promise I'm not shy, just overwhelmed by the girl's attractiveness. Sooner or late, I'm sure they think I'm simply just weird or perverse but really, I'm nothing like that.

How can I stop this happening and will it affect my friendships with girls at university and my chances of getting a gf?
    Learn to be a PUA

ReputationRep:
    Have sex or smoke that should cure you.

ReputationRep:
    Practice makes perfect?

Confidence, cohen. It's probably difficult right now, but if you find it an issue to merely speak to girls, you're going to encounter difficulties with girls full stop. Try and speak more with the girls you already know - even develop a friendship?

Either that, or find a girl you're not attracted to :yep:

(Original post by DOJO)
    Learn to be a PUA
    what's a PUA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what's a PUA?
    Pick Up Artist

I wouldn't learn to be a PUA, but I reckon if you took a few of their confidence tips, it would be to your benefit.

ReputationRep:
    Improve your confidence. Firstly, learn to approach and chat to those you don't find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    While talking to them, remember, they fart, ****, wee, menstruate, have bad hair days, get fat, whinge, moan, and are generally quite human. Should put things into perspective.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.