Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

i was just wondering who here has taken economics or politics or both as i am hoping to go to lancaster this year if i get the grades. Also what grades did you get in with as i am hoping for ABBc which would meet my offer. The only probelm is iam not that confident after the exams and think it might be BBCc which wouldnt be enougth.

Hopefully its me being paranoid but i need the piece of mind.

The nerves are seriously getting to me:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    From what I know of Lancaster generally, they are leniant in letting you in if you miss your offer. If you miss your offer by only one grade, I think you should be alright. Any more than that though and you'll have problems.

ReputationRep:
    cheers for the help, i need ABB but if i were to get ABC then i still have a fighting chance in any case. thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hopefully going to be doing Politics, Philosophy and Economics too and I think I might not get the ABB so I decided to do the subject part of the Passport program.

ReputationRep:
    I thought about the Passport program and i might have got it for free but i didnt in the end, regretting it now mind you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm hopefully doing economics I'm predicted AB though. (typically the offer is AAB, but i already have an A). I'm quite confident i'll get that, as i still do 3 subjects. Shouldn't have said that now :P

ReputationRep:
    Hii! I'll be doing Politics and Economics! Who else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_sheep)
    Hii! I'll be doing Politics and Economics! Who else?
    me hopefully, but i might not make it

Good luck to you anyway, hopefully i will see you there

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing Economics and Politics this past year, and am from the great land of Burnley, so we are studying the same degree and are both from Lancashire, what are the chances Sorry I get a bit carried away by coincidences!

Yeah Lancaster University are definitely lenient about your conditional offers since they allocate a number of places through Clearing. The course is well structured, and you'll have the opportunity to take a minor as well in your first year which can range from anything from American Studies to Music. Though in Freshers Week there will be loads of talks and advice sessions about what subjects you can take and what they will all involve. Also you can always change your minor upto two weeks into your first year to something else, the University are very flexible and accommadating to your needs I've found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelbenson)
    I've been doing Economics and Politics this past year, and am from the great land of Burnley, so we are studying the same degree and are both from Lancashire, what are the chances Sorry I get a bit carried away by coincidences!

Yeah Lancaster University are definitely lenient about your conditional offers since they allocate a number of places through Clearing. The course is well structured, and you'll have the opportunity to take a minor as well in your first year which can range from anything from American Studies to Music. Though in Freshers Week there will be loads of talks and advice sessions about what subjects you can take and what they will all involve. Also you can always change your minor upto two weeks into your first year to something else, the University are very flexible and accommadating to your needs I've found.
    Thanks for that, hopefully i will see you there next year, but as things are going i seriously think iam going to get BBC Instead of ABB as i wrote alot in the exams, but think in the business exam i went a bit off subject.

Anyway thanks again for the post and what type of subjects are available on part one, any Business Studies or types of Engineering. (I took Engineering GCSE and A Level and might carry it on if possible)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. hopefully I will be in lancaster this september studying economics and politics. currently im on ACC so I really hope I can get those C's into B's so that I can meet my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areusureaboutthat)
    Hi guys. hopefully I will be in lancaster this september studying economics and politics. currently im on ACC so I really hope I can get those C's into B's so that I can meet my offer.
    Good luck mate, hope results day is good to you. what subjects are you taking btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenClarke)
    Good luck mate, hope results day is good to you. what subjects are you taking btw?
    thanks. good luck to you too. im taking economics, politics and psychology. you?

I was let in with the current grades you have. You shouldn't have any problem i should think, they are generally lenient with humanities but i'm not to sure about economics.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semi-pro-evo)
    I was let in with the current grades you have. You shouldn't have any problem i should think, they are generally lenient with humanities but i'm not to sure about economics.

Good luck.
    ooooppps

ReputationRep:
    thanks. good luck to you too. im taking economics, politics and psychology. you?
    Business
    Engineering (Rare a level i know lol)
    ICT

ReputationRep:
    Got my results ACC which iam dissapointed in as i thought i would get a b in general studies. at least i got an a in business.

they said they will call me in the next day but it depends on places on that course

ReputationRep:
    oohhh

ReputationRep:
    I got abb and my track still hasn't updated.

darrenclarke, i'm sure you'll get in.
    Thats strange seeming you have hit the targets set. i have also noticed that there are no place for LL21 in clearing.

I dont like my chances, but thanks for the support

ReputationRep:
    Economics and Politics is (was) in clearing at Southampton.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Sep '18
  2. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.