Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If so, how did you get into it? And at what age did you start? I do not want to start myself, I am merely curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    If so, how did you get into it? And at what age did you start? I do not want to start myself, I am merely curious.
    holy crap you have good music taste.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't, but most of the people I know who do it got into it after being offered cigarettes by other people. :cig:

ReputationRep:
    I was 17 when I tried my first cigarette (it was a cigarillo!), and started properly smoking about halfway through my second term into uni. It probably came from living with smokers, who would give me cigarettes when I was drunk (ever since I tried a cigarette, I've really enjoyed them whilst sloshed), and then once when I went to visit a friend in Glasgow, I got drunk and bought a pack. That was that.

ReputationRep:
    Nah.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Only socially before. Then I discovered Sobranies. I took it up. MNNNmmm!!

No, but with increased levels of stress and decreased levels of coolness, it'd be least unprofitable to start now.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Mostly because I thought it would be good for dealing with stress...bad idea

ReputationRep:
    Was given my first off a friend at 15.
    Started about 2 years ago propperly.
    Smoke about 10 a day. I enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, started when I was 16 to look cool. And it did look cool. Still does.

ReputationRep:
    Not really only when im out or really drunk... so socially i guess...

ReputationRep:
    Started smoking at 15 and 18 now. Just one of those things - a few of my mates smoked and I decided to try it. Got into trouble a couple of times for smoking at school but am not going to quit. Nobody else in my family smokes so can't blame them. There are alot of worse things than smoking though

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a drag of a cigarette. Never saw the point in it.

ReputationRep:
    This has been asked countless times.

Yes, I do. I smoke about 20-25 a day and started when I was 16. It was with friends but it was a while before I got addicted. You don't get addicted immediately like what some people think.

ReputationRep:
    Only socially. I always find the government anti-smoking initiatives amusing.

"Smoking is NOT cool"

And then they show a red hot woman in tight black leathers on a superbike... smoking a cigarette. It looks incredibly cool. Bad for your health, very bad, but to say it isn't attractive is just ********.

ReputationRep:
    tried it once at 12. liked it. but never did it again 8-)

ReputationRep:
    i smoke air

ReputationRep:
    17. Bought a pack of Marlboros on a whim, then got introduced to B&H and never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    tried when i was about 11 because my mom smokes, so stole a fag
    however, i don't like the taste or the smell...so no

ReputationRep:
    17. Mostly to shock, tbh. I enjoyed it though. Need to stop soon, though. The expense alone is killing me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.