Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nope :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't feel like dying early :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I've never had a drag of a cigarette. Never saw the point in it.

sames.

ReputationRep:
    I would not do it tbh.
    Firstly, I tried it and I don't like it
    Secondly, I have severe asthma (:

ReputationRep:
    I never bought my own packet until a few weeks ago when some colourful ciagrettes caught my eye in Tenerife. They will probably last me a year! I smoke socially as others offer it to me and I like the smell and the taste.
    I don't want to be become a 'smoker' though. Too many negative stuff about it. Don't see the harm in a drag or two at parties though

ReputationRep:
    Never taken a drag in my life and I don't plan to.

I started when i was 13 and quit about 6 months ago

ReputationRep:
    I've been smoking for around 5 years now. In the early stages I'd quit for 3 months and then get back to it...but now, in the last 3 years it has generally been a pack a day habit. On a long night I can empty 4 packs of Luckies. However, when I'm at home all day I'll only have 3-4. This way my lungs get a bit of a break once in a while. Yes it's an unhealthy habit but I enjoy it too much at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **** Valentine)
    holy crap you have good music taste.
    Why, thank you kind Sir.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, when I'm drunk or I buy a ten deck as a treat (seldom). I don't really understand all the smoker hate, the government makes more from taxes on tobacco than the NHS spends on treating smoking related illnesses by quite a significant margin and you can't even smoke inside anywhere any more. If you're going to complain about the tiny amounts of passive smoke you might encounter outside then you're a total wuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Love Dog)
    , the government makes more from taxes on tobacco than the NHS spends on treating smoking related illnesses by quite a significant margin
    If you have a source for that claim, and post it here, I'll love you.
    :yep:

Yes, I smoke. It's better to smoke and fly.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm drunk, yes. Otherwise, no, I think it's bloody stupid.

ReputationRep:
    No i dont smoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    If you have a source for that claim, and post it here, I'll love you.
    :yep:

Yes, I smoke. It's better to smoke and fly.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7654153.stm

"Simon Clark, director of the smokers' lobby group Forest, said: "Far from being a drain on society, smokers make an enormous financial contribution. Each year smokers pay over £9bn in tobacco taxation, a figure that dwarfs the alleged cost of smoking to the NHS.""

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never have and never will

ReputationRep:
    i used to smoke socially before but now i smoke about 10 a day, when im drunk i smoke like 10 in 20 mins lol. I started smoking because, most of my friends smoked, i continued smoking becuase most of my friends still smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Never even tried one!

ReputationRep:
    I don't right now, I was offered my first fag at 13 (I know very bad). I smoked on and off for about 2 years, but had to quit when my mum came across them in my room :rolleyes: lol. Not had one since I was 15, so 3 years. Still fancy one evry now and again, even though I know they are terrible for your health, but smoking is enjoyable :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Started smoking (weed and tobacco) around 14 on and off. Became more regular when I got to university...

ReputationRep:
    No....

People do NOT look 'cool' doing it...sorry - but that's the truth.

Cigars ftw! :ninja:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.