Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but i was thinking of trying it out.

ReputationRep:
    I tried it when I when I turned 18 ad now I usually smoke when I'm out.

It's bad because when I'm drinking I feel like one, even though I don't usually. Probably doesn't help that my bf and his friends are usually in the smokers area so I get stuck in there for ages some nights.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    started at about 15 - havent looked back in nearly 13 years lol

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Mostly rollies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    No....

People do NOT look 'cool' doing it...sorry - but that's the truth.

Cigars ftw! :ninja:
    It does look cool though, that's half the reason most people start.

ReputationRep:
    No, never tried.

Lots of people at my secondary school smoked to look cool and be 'proper hard mateee'.

At college, it became less 'cool' really because it was just viewed as an addiction. And plus, you have less money in your pocket.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't - I value and appreciate my life.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Probably tried it first at about 15, i hated it. But then i realised how much i enjoyed it when i was drunk, so would have the odd one on nights out. With uni the smoking increased because of more nights out etc and eventually made the transition into smoking during the day whilst sober.

I could give it up easily at any point, and intend to stop by the time i'm 25.

ReputationRep:
    i started at uni, by passive smoking, then it developed after in the summer holidays. i managed to stop because it made me physically sick after more than 3 and my lungs felt to tight. i also thought of them NHS ads. the silliest habit

ReputationRep:
    :leaf:

ReputationRep:
    yes.

I started when I was at the fringe festival and fell asleep on a hill, when I woke up a 20 deck of Richmond with 15 in it were lying beside me.

It was fantastic, still is.

ReputationRep:
    ..... Only when I'm on fire..... arf arf

ReputationRep:
    No. I've tried it only once and wasn't particularly impressed by it.
    I think it's a filthy, disgusting habit and a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    nope, as if i want to shorten my life and have wrinkly skin when i'm 40 :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke, but somehow when I was out last night me and two of my non-smoking friends smoked a packet between us. Now I can still smell it, and it's unpleasant. I've had one or two cigarettes a term for the last year, but the idea of smoking regularly doesn't appeal in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Love Dog)
    Sometimes, when I'm drunk or I buy a ten deck as a treat (seldom). I don't really understand all the smoker hate, the government makes more from taxes on tobacco than the NHS spends on treating smoking related illnesses by quite a significant margin and you can't even smoke inside anywhere any more. If you're going to complain about the tiny amounts of passive smoke you might encounter outside then you're a total wuss.

This is what pisses me off, (being a smoker myself) when people sitting outside in pubs complain about me smoking. You've forced me outside anyway, so don't ***** about it, when I step outside for a fag.

ReputationRep:
    also lol at people who think it makes them look cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Only socially. I always find the government anti-smoking initiatives amusing.

"Smoking is NOT cool"

And then they show a red hot woman in tight black leathers on a superbike... smoking a cigarette. It looks incredibly cool. Bad for your health, very bad, but to say it isn't attractive is just ********.
    But that's only when hot women smoke them. When average looking women do so, it doesn't look attractive in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    noo, I do a lot of sports, and I hate the tobacco smoke!!!Aesthetically is bad for your teeth, damage your skin,..=

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.