no...

ReputationRep:
    only occassionally if it has a little bit of 'green' stuff in it
    otherwise, i see no point whatsoever in smoking normal cigarettes

ReputationRep:
    am rolling on the floor, n i can do nothin about it
    been cold turkey for 36 hours, and its not easy at all :'(

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite like the smell, but for sporting/financial/staying alive reasons I've never considered starting, or even having the occasional 'social' puff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I've never had a drag of a cigarette. Never saw the point in it.
    Ditto that sentiment.

ReputationRep:
    I started at school in my later years - locked up in the wilds of the Scottish countryside with nothing much else to do; it was a bit of an escape really. Enjoyed it thoroughly, although I've only ever done it lightly.

Thinking about it though, I haven't smoked in almost two months, since I was making an effort to regain my previous fitness level. Do I still qualify? I think I'll go and buy a pack to celebrate.

ReputationRep:
    Never have, not once, and I doubt I ever will.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it just doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Socially. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i'm trying to give up, i started smoking when i was younger and used to smoke lots of pot and got addicted to nicotine annoying...

ReputationRep:
    No, although I have considered frequenting the shisha, but that desire just totally when after I realised that contains tobacco too..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    It does look cool though, that's half the reason most people start.
    Hmmm maybe it's just me that doesn't think it looks cool then (at all)...

But...really? I just don't see it.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in front of them, in the summer they would have a strong smell, so much it got to the point I really wanted to try them.

I smoked for two weeks and then just quit out of the blue. I would like to try smoking a pipe though, like any distinguished gentlemen. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Started when I was 12 then I became a proper smoker smoker at 16. I really wanted to start and I liked it. Now I smoke 20 a day.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when stressed (or drunk). Started when i started my job in a nightclub aged 19 i think

ReputationRep:
    like a chimney

ReputationRep:
    I first tried a cigaratte when I was about 12. Me and my friend were trying to prove a point to our other friend, so we both tried one. I used to go to an under 18's disco as well where everybody used to smoke, so to fit in, me and my friends did too. One day I just stopped, after about two years smoking on and off. I realised that I couldn't have been addicted as I never had any sort of cravings afterwards. I obviously don't smoke anymore, it's far too expensive and there are more negatives than positives.

ReputationRep:
    No.

I smoked ~socially~ for a couple of years. First tried it when I was 13 and drunk (God, I'm classy). I don't do it any more because I don't feel like it, and have no desire to be addicted.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.