Turn on thread page Beta

RPG's for xbox 360 watch

• View Poll Results: Which RPG should I buy?
    Lost Odyssey
    54.55%
    Last Remnant
    4.55%
    Blue Dragon
    0%
    Tales of Vesperia
    13.64%
    Enchanted Arms
    0%
    Infinite Undiscovery
    0%
    Eternal Sonata
    9.09%
    Sacred 2
    4.55%
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    13.64%

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone any ideas on what the best RPG's for xbox are and why?
    I already have and enjoy Oblivion but despised Fallout due to its limited nature. Normally I am much more into JRPG's and my favourite game of all time is Final Fantasy VII.
    So recommend away please

Edit: Also no Mass Effect or Fable 2 please. I found Mass Effect bland and Fable 2 faintly ridiculous that 'dying' didn't do much except scar you for which you could get a potion to remove anyway lol

Up to now it appears Lost Odyssey is winning

ReputationRep:
    Lost odyssey deffo! It has four disks and costs bout £10-15.
    Or the last remnant.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the last remnant was dire. I love RPGs but I did not like the last remnant :|

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect. How can you have an Xbox 360, be an RPG fan and not have played Mass effect?

ReputationRep:
    Lost Odyssey
    The Last Remnant
    Blue Dragon
    Tales of Vesperia
    Enchanted Arms
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Mass Effect
    Too Human though this one is more a Western RPG, so beware.
    Fable II and Fable is compatible with the 360.
    Eternal Sonata
    Sacred II

Also check here. It's sorted by Upcoming, Series, Other and MMORPGs. Upcoming and Other are sorted by console, so it's easy enough to find out any other games I may have missed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Mass Effect. How can you have an Xbox 360, be an RPG fan and not have played Mass effect?
    Ahhh yes I keep forgetting about that because that bored the life out of me as well. The game was just bland. I forced my way through it thinking it would get good but no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by project_natal)
    Lost odyssey deffo! It has four disks and costs bout £10-15.
    Or the last remnant.
    Why would you recommend it? Anything in particular good about these two games?
    And what were the downsides if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    Lost Odyssey is a must buy, especially if you loved Final Fantasy VII (like I do, I loved LO too). Tales of Vesperia is great too, a bit different from the FF's but still a nice JRPG. The Last Remnant isn't very good but Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 are both good, but not great RPGs. Blue Dragon is good too, but it didn't appeal to me that much (if you like Dragon Quest, then go for Blue Dragon).

Western RPG's: Get Oblivion's Shivering Isles if you haven't already, Mass Effect (amazing WRPG, sci-fi though) and Fable II. All 3 of those are must-haves.

Prioritise Lost Odyssey and Fable II out of all of those games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Lost Odyssey
    The Last Remnant
    Blue Dragon
    Tales of Vesperia
    Enchanted Arms
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Mass Effect
    Too Human though this one is more a Western RPG, so beware.
    Fable II and Fable is compatible with the 360.
    Eternal Sonata
    Sacred II

Also check here. It's sorted by Upcoming, Series, Other and MMORPGs. Upcoming and Other are sorted by console, so it's easy enough to find out any other games I may have missed.
    I know what RPG's there are on the xbox I am looking for peoples personal recommendations as to what is good and bad about the games if that is at all possible.

ReputationRep:
    lost odyssey definitely :yep: some of the dreams in that game:bawling:

I did play blue dragon but that just felt too childish

ReputationRep:
    Lost Odyssey is a true Final Fantasy-esque game actually made by the father of Final Fantasy. The battle system is your traditional turn-based stuff with some extra interactivity by timing the RT for stronger attacks. The story is really good throughout mainly because of the great character development - you play as Kaim, an immortal who has lived for a thousand years and the game is paced well to make the player learn about his past (which he has lost his memory of, somewhat cliched I know but its OK).

The game is very cinematic, the graphics are great and the game has a long compelling main story with extra interesting side quests to play around with.

If I had to score the game, I'd give it a 9/10. As long as you install the game to the hard drive, it runs very smoothly (slightly long load times and small stutters otherwise, but nothing to deterr playing it). The graphics are excellent for a huge game like this, the story is good throughout though the main villain could have gotten a little more development and the gameplay is your standard FF style play, which is fine when you really should be playing mostly for the story.

Haha, you wanted people's opinion

ReputationRep:
    Tales of Vesperia's my pick by a long way. It was only released a couple of weeks ago, so you may not see as many people recommending it yet, but it's a fantastic game - my favourite on the system, out of any genre. I'm just hoping that Europe gets to see the extra content (there's a huge amount) that's in the Japanese PS3 release.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Tales of Vesperia's my pick by a long way. It was only released a couple of weeks ago, so you may not see as many people recommending it yet, but it's a fantastic game - my favourite on the system, out of any genre. I'm just hoping that Europe gets to see the extra content (there's a huge amount) that's in the Japanese PS3 release.
    Vesperia isn't my top pick, but I'm playing through it now and I agree that the game is fantastic. Its quite light-hearted and funny so far 10 hours in. My vote still goes to Lost Odyssey, but If I had a second pick I would choose ToV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaza)
    Vesperia isn't my top pick, but I'm playing through it now and I agree that the game is fantastic. Its quite light-hearted and funny so far 10 hours in. My vote still goes to Lost Odyssey, but If I had a second pick I would choose ToV.
    You've got a l-o-n-g way to go - and it gets better as you get further in :yep:

That said, I still need to get around to giving Lost Odyssey a proper play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    You've got a l-o-n-g way to go - and it gets better as you get further in :yep:

That said, I still need to get around to giving Lost Odyssey a proper play.
    How long approx is the game? (without doing side quests), I'm in Dahngrest (after coming back from the forest, Keiv Moc or something like that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaza)
    How long approx is the game? (without doing side quests), I'm in Dahngrest (after coming back from the forest, Keiv Moc or something like that).
    I'm just coming up on 60 hours, and pretty near to the end (I think - I'm certainly into the final part), if that gives you an idea. I've not rushed through it, but neither have I taken ages levelling more than necessary (currently around level 60).

ReputationRep:
    Kotor or Jade Empire

ReputationRep:
    Well I was going to come in and say 'Fable 2' and 'Mass Effect' but now seen a couple more RPGs that I want to try

ReputationRep:
    Final fantasy is to be released on 360 isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Fallout 3 limited??

Did you not bother doing anything except the main storyline?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.