Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ibiza - where to stay watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    having been to ibiza a couple of years ago and had an amazing time i want to go back this year but im having trouble deciding where to stay. Last time i went i stayed in the resort of playa d'en bossa which was ideal as it was close to where we wanted to go. However the beaches there were dirty and there seemed to be very little in the way of restaurants and places to enjoy a nice meal as we had half board and were only there for 4 days this didnt bother us so much. This time though im looking at going for a week and would like somewhere where i can lay on the beach and have a decent meal not from KFC or similar before i go out. The main places we are looking to go to are amnesia, privalige and pacha which i know are all over nearer to ibiza town but im thinking the nicer beaches are in the san antonio area.
    Im basically looking for info from anyone who has stayed in either san antonio/bay or ibiza town as to whether there are decent beaches in the area and whether it is worth staying in san an and getting a taxi/bus to the clubs or if its better to get a bus to the beach and a shorter taxi ride to the clubs.
    Just a bit confused
    Any reccommmendations of places to stay too would be much appreciated
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You sound quite picky. Not too many beaches around Ibiza town and it would be expensive to stay unless you're working there. You haven't given me a budget you may be able to afford anything so don't know HOW far I can assist you. I wouldn't dream of staying in San An unless I was working there. San An is like UK on a permanent hangover with screams of 'get ya tits out for the lads' and all that crap. If I could do it the way I wanted I'd get an apartment rented out in ibiza town (but i'd probs be working there) or rent out a villa with loadsa mates. Bossa for me is defo best bet.

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in the Ses Savines hotel on San Antanio bay. Food was fantastic. Entertainment was great. Right on the beach. Close to loads of clubs. Check it out.

ReputationRep:
    im not too picky as to where i stay im just trying to figure out the best location to be in. Im just thinking that i would like the option of being able to sit on the beach if we went for 7 days, last time it didnt matter as we were there for 5 and so slept every day and went out every night. I may look into just going for 5 days again as from speaking to others there isnt really that many nice beaches you can get to without hiring a car so as long as there is a pool i can sunbathe by then maybe i wont bother with the beach.
    On a completely different note has anyone any comparisons between somewhere like say cyprus vs ibiza. I know ibiza is obv the clubbing capital but if there is no beach im thinking it may be worth looking else where to see if i can find what im after.
    Budget is as cheap as possible. and there is 2 of us.
    thanks for the info so far much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Ive just come back from Ibiza.

We stayed in the Abrat hotel in San an. Its about a 15min walk from the west end, up near Kanya etc. Its right on sea front and theres a smaller beach right by, opposed to walking down to the main one.
    We never went to Amnesia/Pacha but did go to Privilege, we were able to get a free bus from a bar running the pre party and coming home we just caught a taxi which cost us 10 Euros each.

Feel free to ask anything else

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.