Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What turns you off a guy?

I'd imagine a guy that crys a lot and arrogance would turn females off.

ReputationRep:
    The clingy, jealous "I am your man"-type of guy who keeps calling every 5 minutes to check where you are, who you're with and what you're doing. If you're honest and tell him you're with a male friend, he'll become angry/pissed/pmsing for not asking for his 'permission'. If you don't tell him, the relationship is still ******. Buah.

ReputationRep:
    ^ That
    &
    Smokers: Big no no.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, check how picky you all are, wahahahahaaaa! I'm loving some of these specs....

ReputationRep:
    picky? Well u don't go behind urselves. Mostly about beauty matters.

ReputationRep:
    Many to mention..and to name them:

Guys that keeps on checking you almost all of the time..
    Guys that are so possessive, restricting you with going out even with friends..
    Guys that are very moody..
    Guys, that shouts at girls..
    Guys that are insensitive..
    Guys that are believe to be: double standard guy.!
    Guys that aren't particular with special occasions ( relative to your relationship both )

ReputationRep:
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    Wow, good luck finding someone to date.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Christ on a bike. Somebody truly does know what they want...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Wow, good luck finding someone to date.
    Already done.

And I've never had to sacrifice my standards as if you really look at them there is quite a lot of things I expressly dislike but not that many things I demand! :p:

P.S.
    To be honest, I think it's easier when girls know exactly what they want or at least what they don't want. Because most of the time, they haven't a ******* clue.

ReputationRep:
    Already done.

And I've never had to sacrifice my standards as if you really look at them there is quite a lot of things I expressly dislike but not that many things I demand! :p:

P.S.
    To be honest, I think it's easier when girls know exactly what they want or at least what they don't want. Because most of the time, they haven't a f-cking clue.
    Or they could find that someone who has none of the qualities they thought they wanted is exactly what they needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Christ on a bike. Somebody truly does know what they want...
    Surprising in a female? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Already done.

P.S.
    To be honest, I think it's easier when girls know exactly what they want or at least what they don't want. Because most of the time, they haven't a f-cking clue.

I wasn't trying to insult you I actually agree with your last point and so oh well it's your life, so meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Or they could find that someone who has none of the qualities they thought they wanted is exactly what they needed.
    No, but knowing exactly what one doesn't want is useful. If you know that you can't stand x why not make a point of avoiding it? I'm by no means advocating a stance that is unbendable. I think I make a point in the original post in saying that personality is much harder to define due to the amount of variation. The only thing that I keep hard and fast on are things I dislike.

And on the physical aspect - I could never be with someone who I didn't find sexually attractive. And I think it is no surprise that some people are more or less appearance-driven sexually. That doesn't make that person unable to appreciate personality or think that personality is unimportant. Frankly, I would want a guy to appreciate me on a raw, instinctual sexual and physical level and on an intellectual and emotional level. I am not one of those people who grows to find someone attractive. I am someone who wants someone at first sight on a physical level and then my attraction is amplified by their personality. I think it's important to know what kind of person you are on these issues.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like smokers, or drug users, or excessive drinkers
    Don't like guys that are up their own arses and thing they're god's gift with the ladies
    Don't like guys that want to change me to make me the way they want me - I'd quite like them to like me for who I am and just support me
    Don't like guys that don't seem interested in you - don't ever really call or text and aren't bothered about meeting up
    Don't like guys that are really possessive either, and won't let you go out and do your own thing
    And I really can't stand guys that can't hold intelligent conversations about important things in the world

Other than that, I'm not really too fussed

ReputationRep:

Very specific indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    [/U][/B]

I wasn't trying to insult you I actually agree with your last point and so oh well it's your life, so meh.
    Oh, no! I didn't think you were insulting me or anything like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Don't like smokers, or drug users, or excessive drinkers
    Don't like guys that are up their own arses and thing they're god's gift with the ladies
    Don't like guys that want to change me to make me the way they want me - I'd quite like them to like me for who I am and just support me
    Don't like guys that don't seem interested in you - don't ever really call or text and aren't bothered about meeting up
    Don't like guys that are really possessive either, and won't let you go out and do your own thing
    And I really can't stand guys that can't hold intelligent conversations about important things in the world

Other than that, I'm not really too fussed
    That's like my exact preferences in a woman like everything you don't like in a guy is what I don't like in a woman. It's not fussy at all.

ReputationRep:
    Too arrogant, too hairy and liar

Guys that only want sex, and only talk about how much they want to shag you when you've never met them before. That really pisses me off.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.