Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There needs to be some modesty in this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h82think)
    Ginger hair.
    :facepalm2:

That's a bit harsh to all the gingers out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    My ex also fit these specifications rather well. I think I said that I'm flexible? :confused: I'm so utterly confused. I'm sure if everyone listed out their favourite features, etc the list would be as long. :yes:

And this is not directed to you, but those who are saying I'm not hot - guys in real life tend to think otherwise. :rolleyes:

I expect you are quite hot, your boyfriend sounds pretty gorgeous, I guess they are just feeling a little insecure.

My ex is quite different looking to my current boyfriend. And whilst I still find my ex's looks very attractive, I would feel initially a bit put off by a relationship with someone looking like that. I think its bad associations. I am sure if they turned out to be a lovely person, it wouldnt pose a problem. But the natural wariness means there is a high chance of the next boyfriend looking quite different. I suppose your key points, like being in proportion and having sex appeal are extremely key and just not something I would give up.

I find it interesting how people think about these things, so thanks for sharing.

ReputationRep:
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    I think your problem is you need to think about the type of guy you want to date ... Stop being so vauge ... You need to put a bit of thought into it really ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    I think your problem is you need to think about the type of guy you want to date ... Stop being so vauge ... You need to put a bit of thought into it really ...
    She's far from vague :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    Excuse me?
    I'm so with him. Noone has bad music taste, just different. You are not the biggest music connoisseur in the world, your taste should not be THE taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    She's far from vague :confused:

*fail* Joke *fail* ...

I know she's not vauge, I can't think of anyone who's EVER been that specific ...

For my mind a bit too specific ...

ReputationRep:
    Is political activism a huge turn off? Im mostly involved in Anti-Racism, and free education campaigning. Although i do other stuff aswell.

ReputationRep:
    *fail* Joke *fail* ...

I know she's not vauge, I can't think of anyone who's EVER been that specific ...

For my mind a bit too specific ...
    Oh, my bad
    Lulz, yeah, her necessities like, "barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow" and "a slower blink than average" are a bit too bizarre, but oh well, to each their own

Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    Haha says the girl with a nose like a sharks dorsal fin

ReputationRep:
    I can see it now.
    "He's my perfect guy, except, it's just..."
    "What?"
    "His blink - it's too near average speed. Also, the tonality of his voice is slightly below mid-range. I'm gonna have to dump him."

ReputationRep:
    Bad personal hygiene. One of the few deal-breakers regardless of everything else.

I'm quite open-minded, really. My current boyfriend went to a posh boarding school and was at uni with me; he lives in Chelsea, has Swedish parents and is fluent in the language, enjoys video games and is sweet and kind. The previous one was a scruffy but sensitive film maker and musician whose humour was a bit like Noel Fielding when he's funny. The one before that was a shy landscape gardener with dreadlocks who liked travelling and weed and had a really dry sense of humour. The one before that was a girl ... (!) ... and it's not because I've changed massively over the years, since I'm still really fond of all of them and don't think, "WHY did I go out with x." It's just because I find a lot of people likable and worthwhile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Oh, my bad
    Lulz, yeah, her necessities like, "barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow" and "a slower blink than average" are a bit too bizarre, but oh well, to each their own
    Can you imagine if her bloke forgot to shave one morning!!!

ReputationRep:
    Woman should be happy with what they get. And make a sandwich to show their appreciation.

ReputationRep:
    Guys who are so obsessed with you but fail to make the first move. And they even duck you in public because they're so tentative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ... says the anonymous poster. I think she's a bit fussy myself but that was unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimpin Juice)
    I love it how loads of ugly guys get offended at Erradhadh's post.

She likes what she likes. Jeez.
    Lol, I'm not ugly but I think her post is absolutely ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Can you imagine if her bloke forgot to shave one morning!!!
    She'd probably demand him to shave right after seeing the stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 6 o'clock shadow. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    dirty Fingernails

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.