Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    How fast is the average blink? :mute:
    1/10th of a second I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    What turns you off a guy?

I'd imagine a guy that crys a lot and arrogance would turn females off.
    Noooo, not at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. :cute:

Turn offs:
    - Ugly.
    - Fat.
    - Too muscular.
    - Shaved/too short hair.
    - Even the slightest bit chavy.
    - Lack of intelligence.
    - Any shorter than 5ft9.
    - Sentimental, talks about their feelings. Talking too much about anything is a turn off, actually.
    - Too 'nice'.
    - Clingy.

ReputationRep:
    Boys that are skinnier than me.
    Oh, and I don't really go for blondes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.

Lol I find it hilarious that you are so picky when you're so minging.

Sorry, had to be said. :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Smokers, men with bad teeth and breath, arrogance, guys who think that they can grow facial hair successfully yet it just looks like pubes are spouting from their face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Arrogance doesn't turn most of us off at all!!

Neediness and sorry to say it, shortness :rolleyes:

And don't go near the skinny jeans!!
    I'll never have the shortness problem unless the girl is 6ft 2+ in which case i'd walk away.

ReputationRep:
    Selfishness, for definite.

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between what women say they want and what they really do.

I'm not sure this thread is helpful in building a guy's confidence, in fact it's probably counter productive in that respect.

It is interesting though...

ReputationRep:
    What the **** is this? Dial a man? I understand that certain factors may appeal to you but each person is an individual and cannot be summed up by a few bullet points.

I'd love to see the difference between the descriptions the girls posted here and the guys they finally end up with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    So you basically want someone so attracted to himself that every night he tries to fellate himself simply so he can revel in the quality of his own sperm?

(Original post by 123banana123)
    Lol I find it hilarious that you are so picky when you're so minging.

Sorry, had to be said. :redface:
    Haa that has to be the most brutal thing I've read in a long time! Made me laugh though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I'd love to see the difference between the descriptions the girls posted here and the guys they finally end up with.
    That's pretty much what I was getting at. Their ideal man doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treben)
    That's pretty much what I was getting at. Their ideal man doesn't exist.
    Yh but I think they have to see it for themselves for them to actually realise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    yeah i agree in maths problems when you find a random answer with NO UNITS, those are equal (haha i will accept the rep;p).but I am referring to meters/cm, the one is 170cm and the other is 107cm.170cm is 5ft'7 and 107cm is 3.5 feet so no relation at all.
    with simple words the first one is close to 2 meters and the other one has just passed the 1 meter..
    anyway u are irish as i can see so i am not expecting u know the metric system
    1.7m = 1m + 0.7m

1m = 100cm therefore 0.7m will be 0.7 x 100 which is equal to 70cm.

This results in 1.7m = 100 cm + 70cm
    Which is 170cm.

Sorry, I can only hope your trolling because if not then DAMN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    yeah i agree in maths problems when you find a random answer with NO UNITS, those are equal (haha i will accept the rep;p).but I am referring to meters/cm, the one is 170cm and the other is 107cm.170cm is 5ft'7 and 107cm is 3.5 feet so no relation at all.
    with simple words the first one is close to 2 meters and the other one has just passed the 1 meter..
    anyway u are irish as i can see so i am not expecting u know the metric system
    Wtf are you talking about, woman?! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    My perfect guy :love:
    My perfect guy must be 181.45cm OR 9.65% taller than me (when I'm NOT wearing heels)
    My perfect guy must be 77.42kg OR 185-210% of my body weight
    My perfect guy must not text me to find out where I am or what I'm doing, I don't care if he's curious if I'm enjoying myself.
    My perfect guy must text me and keep in touch.
    My perfect guy will be able to start conversations about literally anything with me, so I don't have to because I can't
    My perfect guy is intelligent.
    But not a nerd.
    My perfect guy has broad shoulders.
    My perfect guy plays three sports.
    But only two of them need to be ball sports.
    My perfect guy should have been in a band for AT LEAST 24 weeks so he has SOME experience of music
    A rap group doesn't count.
    My perfect guy should still have a fantastic amazing music taste
    My perfect guy should be loyal (By this I mean he does what I say)
    My perfect guy should be the JUST RIGHT MIX between confident and arrogant
    My perfect guy should have a fantastic future career that I can leech off
    My perfect guy should take me to the movies.
    But only when I say so.
    My perfect guy should have romantic dinners with me that he pays for or cooks
    My perfect guy should be caring
    Which means he should make me breakfast in bed
    My perfect guy must not be a smoker despite the fact there's 10 million pics of me on facebook with a fag in my hand on a girls night out
    My perfect guy must not drink TOO much
    My perfect guy must not be boring
    My perfect guy must not be a perv
    But he MUST tell his friends how hot I am whenever I'm not in sight
    My perfect guy :love:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, this thread has some decent, fair posts, and it has some that are just ******* retarded. No wonder so many people are single and unhappy if the "fairer" sex has such stringent demands on men (some of which simply cannot be fulfilled.) Example:

(Original post by pinkspiders)
    They asked for turn offs! I hate it when men cry. It's like no. Don't cry for chrissakes. You a man. Suck it up! UR DOG DIED SUK IT UP

They asked for turn offs! I hate it when men cry. It's like no. Don't cry for chrissakes. You a man. Suck it up!
    :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Seriously though, this thread has some decent, fair posts, and it has some that are just ******* retarded. No wonder so many people are single and unhappy if the "fairer" sex has such stringent demands on men (some of which simply cannot be fulfilled.)
    Which posts are retarded? The only really bizarre one I've seen on here is Erradhadh's post. :unsure:

Crying. Oh god I hate crying.
    :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Which posts are retarded? The only really bizarre one I've seen on here is Erradhadh's post. :unsure:
    You want me to go through and pick out which ones I think are retarded? It won't take long -- about 30s per page I should think.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.