Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    You want me to go through and pick out which ones I think are retarded? It won't take long -- about 30s per page I should think.
    Nah, just a few examples would suffice :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Lack of confidence and intellligence.

Anyone who can engage me in a clever and witty conversation will grasp my attention immediately.

Seriously, linguistics are sexy.

ReputationRep:
    OK.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...79&postcount=7
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4&postcount=15
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7&postcount=26
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0&postcount=99
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=133

Five choice examples.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I was somewhat expecting to see my post in the 5 up there.
    What's wrong with the last one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Ah, I was somewhat expecting to see my post in the 5 up there.
    What's wrong with the last one?
    I think it's very, very, very sad that having different religious/political views to you is a turnoff. Yes that makes me a hypocrit, but I still think it's sad Not that I'm religious or socially conservative.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's very, very, very sad that having different religious/political views to you is a turnoff. Yes that makes me a hypocrit, but I still think it's sad Not that I'm religious or socially conservative.
    guys like you turn me off...

nah just kidding. I agree with u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    yeah i agree in maths problems when you find a random answer with NO UNITS, those are equal (haha i will accept the rep;p).but I am referring to meters/cm, the one is 170cm and the other is 107cm.170cm is 5ft'7 and 107cm is 3.5 feet so no relation at all.
    with simple words the first one is close to 2 meters and the other one has just passed the 1 meter..
    anyway u are irish as i can see so i am not expecting u know the metric system
    lol, i think there is a slight, well probably a major misunderstanding.
    and that convo its taken its time.
    lol and am half irish:yes: but i know the metric system way well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    lol, i think there is a slight, well probably a major misunderstanding.
    and that convo its taken its time.
    lol and am half irish:yes: but i know the metric system way well
    Irish are cool!
    good for you,if you do know it
    =)

ReputationRep:
    Whenever the girls here all say confident, how exactly do they define that? I like to think I'm pretty confident in that I'm easy to talk to and I can handle myself but at the same time, I'm not one of these asshats that can't enter a room without having to bust some moves just to make sure people noticed my entry.

Is that the confident girls are looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Wow... look at all the little boys in here who can't deal with a woman who knows what she wants, and so go in search of physical flaws in her. As if it makes any difference.

How predictable - and pathetic.
    Calling her ugly is probably OTT, but then so is her list. It's minutely specific. The harm is ruling someone out who could be great for her because of one minor detail.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    In what way is that 'sad'? If two people disagree fundamentally on issues they consider important, they're unlikely to be compatible.

It's not my duty to provide a girlfriend for conservatives/pro-lifers/homophobes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Calling her ugly is probably OTT, but then so is her list. It's minutely specific. The harm is ruling someone out who could be great for her because of one minor detail.
    She only said she disliked those minor details, not that she would automatically rule someone out for having one of them.

ReputationRep:
    In what way is that 'sad'? If two people disagree fundamentally on issues they consider important, they're unlikely to be compatible.

It's not my duty to provide a girlfriend for conservatives/pro-lifers/homophobes.
    Ok;
    1. I didn't say that it was your duty. I'm not saying you have obligations or trying to change your mind, I'm saying its your opinion.
    2. "Consider important": So what if someone who wasn't really interested in politics but held beliefs you considered to be conservative, that would be a turnoff?

I mean meh, I actually feel much the same way, I just think it's sad that these sort of things can divide humans (which is why I said I was a hypocrit in my previous post).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    No offence, but you genuinely are nowhere near good-looking enough to warrant being so picky.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ok;
    1. I didn't say that it was your duty. I'm not saying you have obligations or trying to change your mind, I'm saying its your opinion.
    2. "Consider important": So what if someone who wasn't really interested in politics but held beliefs you considered to be conservative, that would be a turnoff?

I mean meh, I actually feel much the same way, I just think it's sad that these sort of things can divide humans (which is why I said I was a hypocrit in my previous post).
    It depends what the beliefs were and if I consider them important to me. I care about things like abortion rights, gender equality, racial equality, sexuality equality, etc. If someone disagrees with me fundamentally on those issues, then I do not respect their beliefs (I respect their right to hold those beliefs, but not the beliefs themselves). If we disagree on something like, say, the economy, then it wouldn't matter, because I'm not particularly interested in that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    No offence, but you genuinely are nowhere near good-looking enough to warrant being so picky.
    Wow, so people need your approval to be picky? 0_o

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so people need your approval to be picky? 0_o
    No, but you'll be scrutinised for it regardless.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Reaver)
    No, but you'll be scrutinised for it regardless.
    Only on TSR. In real life, you can be as picky as you want.

ReputationRep:
    Christ some girls on here are ridiculously fussy. I thought I was fussy. Geez.

ReputationRep:
    Only on TSR. In real life, you can be as picky as you want.
    But people will still notice, even if they probably should mind their own business.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.