The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bagration
I think it's very, very, very sad that having different religious/political views to you is a turnoff. Yes that makes me a hypocrit, but I still think it's sad :tongue: Not that I'm religious or socially conservative.

Hah, I don't mind if someone has different beliefs compared to myself - it's actually interesting finding out about them. But if someone starts shoving their religious and polical views down my throat and tries to convert me, then that's a big no-no :colonhash:
My ex did that and I hated it. He literally nearly forced me to turn into an Atheist, and was making me feel inferior compared to him by calling me deluded and stupid. I'm an Agnostic Theist, but that's beside the point because I could've been Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Jewish and it still would've caused me a great deal of infuriation. :o:
Ladipidoo
Hah, I don't mind if someone has different beliefs compared to myself - it's actually interesting finding out about them. But if someone starts shoving their religious and polical views down my throat and tries to convert me, then that's a big no-no :colonhash:
My ex did that and I hated it. He literally nearly forced me to turn into Atheist, and was making me feel inferior compared to him by calling me deluded and stupid. I'm an Agnostic Theist, but that's beside the point because I could've been Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Jewish and it still would've caused me a great deal of infuriation. :o:
Tbh I have listened to my friends argue politics/ethics w/e with their girlfriends and I wouldn't want that. There's a difference though between showing people different points of view and shoving things down their throat. One of them is good, one just makes people dislike you =.="
Bagration
Tbh I have listened to my friends argue politics/ethics w/e with their girlfriends and I wouldn't want that. There's a difference though between showing people different points of view and shoving things down their throat. One of them is good, one just makes people dislike you =.="

Lulz, yeah, my ex used to do the latter. And then the patronisation, disrespect, extreme forcefulness and arrogancy come in, which are the real turn offs. :hmpf:
Ladipidoo
Lulz, yeah, my ex used to do the latter. And then the patronisation, disrespect, extreme forcefulness and arrogancy come in, which are the real turn offs. :hmpf:
The former three are not particularly necessarily related to the latter >.>

Also that "Permanently Banned" thing under your name is pretty confusing, lol.
Bagration
The former three are not particularly necessarily related to the latter >.>

Also that "Permanently Banned" thing under your name is pretty confusing, lol.

Wellll, with my ex they were :sadnod: but I won't generalise any further, lulz.

Yep, I was aiming for it to cause some sort of confusion :awesome: :bigsmile:
Ladipidoo
Wellll, with my ex they were :sadnod: but I won't generalise any further, lulz.

Yep, I was aiming for it to cause some sort of confusion :awesome: :bigsmile:
Yea but you can be arrogant without being patronising, disrespectful of forceful. I don't see why people take such a dislike to arrogance.
Bagration
Yea but you can be arrogant without being patronising, disrespectful of forceful. I don't see why people take such a dislike to arrogance.

PISS OFF, BAGSATON LOOMDONA. :colonhash:

Stop picking on me, plece. :puppyeyes: :colondollar:
Ladipidoo
Yeah, but it's not just about arrogance tbh, and obviously all of the above don't have correlate. You can be disrespectful without being forceful or be arrogant without being patronising. I'm just saying, that with my ex, most of those did relate on a few occasions. And the the traits show up in different occasions too, not just when shoving your own beliefs down someone else's throat, and they can be a turn off at times. :erm:
And so my convoluted defence of arrogance ends.

At any rate I still maintain my position that some of these posts are retarded and just nitpicking. I guess it depends what you mean by "turn off" though, if its just something someone might consider unattractive or whether it's a deciding factor.
Reply 348
I'm not fussy at all really!!!
But the no-nos are... stupid, fat, shorter than me, too arrogant, paranoid, controlling.
Reply 349
Some people are a bit OTT but it's their life.
Reply 350
Reaver
What is a dog's wotsits? Is it desireable?:confused:

Haha! No, I didn't want to put the real expression on here, anyway, basically if a guy is amazing, then it's our job to tell him. I can't stand it when guys are hot and they know it, if you know what I mean.
la fille danse
Wow, so people need your approval to be picky? 0_o

Ya prtty much. You can be...you have a sexy avatar.
Reply 352
Put off by...

Arrogance
Snobbery
Loudness - especially those "laddish" people
Lack of empathy
Insensitivity
Selfishness
No ambition
Lack of creativity
Judgemental
Gossiping men. Ergh.
Obsession with something that I find distasteful/boring, like golf.
Rude to my family or friends (unless in jest)
Patronising, especially if they're crap at something themselves.
Fatness. Skinny doesn't matter.
Bad taste in clothes - or clothes which "make a statement" (like bad puns and stuff). Makes me embarrassed to be around them.
Bad taste in music.
Bad taste in FOOD - fussy eaters.
Bad taste in TV programmes like Big Brother and any soaps.
Small penis.
Unhygenic.

Loads more, but I'm really tired and can't finish off the list.
actually forget i just said that.
Reply 354
natjayne
Haha! No, I didn't want to put the real expression on here, anyway, basically if a guy is amazing, then it's our job to tell him. I can't stand it when guys are hot and they know it, if you know what I mean.

Ah I see, then just tell me I'm amazing:rolleyes:
Reply 355
guys that think its okay to cheat on their girlfriends.
guys that are disrespectful.
guys that fart in my presence.
guys that check out other girls, especially whilst your with them.
guys that just want sex.

and I like guys to be interested in football :yes:
Reply 356
If they have bad personal hygeine
Clingyness
Don't let you go out with your friends, and therefore give you no space
Double Standards
Reply 357
natjayne

Most good looking people realise they're good looking. Do you mean the ones that act like they are a peg above the rest or just people who recognise their looks?
Reply 358
300mg
Most good looking people realise they're good looking. Do you mean the ones that act like they are a peg above the rest or just people who recognise their looks?

Yh, (she?) means the people who feel that they are a step-up from everyone else.
Reply 359
Erradhadh
Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
Well, I have some of the features you like (like the dark hair, broad shoulders 5'11", and green eyes, as well as those non-physical attributes), but I have a receding hairline, so I keep my hair quite short so as not to look ridiculous.

(Sorry, when I see a "what do you like" post that reminds me so forcefully of an application form, I can't resist answering it, just for the sake of it.)

Latest

Trending

Trending