Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The only turn off which generally applies is unintelligence. I could never date a stupid guy.
    It's not that I have low standards, there are many qualities that I find very attractive.
    For example, I have a thing for blonde guys but I don't expect to exclusively date blondes.
    Sometimes, I find certain things a turn off in some guys but find attractive in others. It's all about the individual and what suits them. But stupidity suits no-one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    Im curious, are u attracted to the things individually or do u know what the perfect guy would look like? Cause for all u know, if there was a guy that was all of the above, he might look like a retard? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    only way i can describe it is being a 'lad'

cant stand the stereotypical guy who loves football, stares at girls and talks about them quite personallly with his male friends.

Things i dont like in a guy are:

not being clean
    likes football or is obsessed with a sport of some kind
    there is a limit in the size of a guy i would be attracted too
    arrogance
    guys who wouldnt like to be close to their girlfriend i.e. hugs and kisses etc obv not too many but enough would be nice
    excessive drinking i would hate, i dont drink much and so that really does put me off in someoen when they are drunk
    wouldnt go out with someone if they smoked
    drug use is a definate no no
    lots of muscle puts me off too
    someone who is insensitive to how i feel would really annoy me, just a hug can make it better sometimes

but to be honest, you never know if you really like something or dont like something if youve had this experence and ive only gone out with one guy in my life so these are just some of the things i see in other guys that just totally turn me off them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    My perfect guy :love:
    My perfect guy must be 181.45cm OR 9.65% taller than me (when I'm NOT wearing heels)
    My perfect guy must be 77.42kg OR 185-210% of my body weight
    My perfect guy must not text me to find out where I am or what I'm doing, I don't care if he's curious if I'm enjoying myself.
    My perfect guy must text me and keep in touch.
    My perfect guy will be able to start conversations about literally anything with me, so I don't have to because I can't
    My perfect guy is intelligent.
    But not a nerd.
    My perfect guy has broad shoulders.
    My perfect guy plays three sports.
    But only two of them need to be ball sports.
    My perfect guy should have been in a band for AT LEAST 24 weeks so he has SOME experience of music
    A rap group doesn't count.
    My perfect guy should still have a fantastic amazing music taste
    My perfect guy should be loyal (By this I mean he does what I say)
    My perfect guy should be the JUST RIGHT MIX between confident and arrogant
    My perfect guy should have a fantastic future career that I can leech off
    My perfect guy should take me to the movies.
    But only when I say so.
    My perfect guy should have romantic dinners with me that he pays for or cooks
    My perfect guy should be caring
    Which means he should make me breakfast in bed
    My perfect guy must not be a smoker despite the fact there's 10 million pics of me on facebook with a fag in my hand on a girls night out
    My perfect guy must not drink TOO much
    My perfect guy must not be boring
    My perfect guy must not be a perv
    But he MUST tell his friends how hot I am whenever I'm not in sight
    My perfect guy :love:
    Very well put. You'll get a pos rep at midnight - remind me though, I've got a terrible....what's-it-called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Im curious, are u attracted to the things individually or do u know what the perfect guy would look like? Cause for all u know, if there was a guy that was all of the above, he might look like a retard? :confused:
    There's actually a lot of variation within that as some of the things I listed cannot possibly exist in the same person (as in both clean-shaven AND not) - so it's more of a list of things that I like and dislike.

So, no - I would not be with someone that looked retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Most good looking people realise they're good looking. Do you mean the ones that act like they are a peg above the rest or just people who recognise their looks?
    Yeah people who think they are a peg above the rest lol, didn't make myself very clear there.

ReputationRep:
    Long and/or dirty finger/toe nails. ICK.

And a lot of other things too obviously, but that is an instant no-no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    What turns you off a guy?

I'd imagine a guy that crys a lot and arrogance would turn females off.
    Arrogance can be kind of a turn on. It depends if they can afford to be arrogant haha...
    Hm, crying- yep a turn off definitely. Though in the right situation if you feel like they are crying JUST to you because they trust you it- i donno, its okay.

Also turn offs:
    -bad dress sense
    -too skinny
    -shortness (i know it sucks but the thought of having to bend down to kiss a boy really horrifies me)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if this thread died or something, it was on my watch list or something (idk why) but have you noticed all the girls who have long lists of things they want in a guy are "UGLY Like Dodgy Builder Ugly"... No girls, sometimes we want you to change a lil, its just because when you sit on me the blood flow to my legs cut off (Im not a twig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Guys that only want sex, and only talk about how much they want to shag you when you've never met them before. That really pisses me off.
    OHHHHH MY GOD. So totally this. Srsly, don't do it guys. It's not flattering it's just ANNOYING, kay!?!

ReputationRep:
    My first point is that TSR must be one of the funniest and wittiest boards I visit, so many funny people on here. I laughed out loud 5 or 6 times through this thread and that isn't something that happens often.

My second point is that I think I'm going to give up hope of ever finding someone that finds me attractive over TSR (bar Trigger, but she's already decided she's too old for me so she doesn't count :p:) It's a shame as there are a whole load of smoking hotties on here as well :'(

ReputationRep:
    I like all the girls that don't like boyfriends phoning them to see where they are, yet I'll bet that everyone of them has done it themselves. How many times my friends have been phoned up to hear "Oh I was just thinking about you" - yeah, you was thinking we was porking soeone else so wanted to make sure we wasn't. Oh and the hell to pay if your battery dies during a night out. You'll be single for sure.

ReputationRep:
    guys that expect girls to perfect, like the ones that freak out if they realise shock horror, you have got make up on and you don't wake up looking like this

ReputationRep:
    1) Bad hygine.
    2) Arrogance.
    3) Taking life too seriously.
    4) Moaning.

(Original post by Thomasmc135)
    What turns you off a guy?

I'd imagine a guy that crys a lot and arrogance would turn females off.
    Some girls do like that though.

(Original post by seagram__)
    -i dont like too self centered/arrogant/selfish guys and the other way extremely shy-if he makes the first move then it's ok
    -i dont like those who call all the time and go like where are you?why didnt you call me,why didnt u say u are going there? like we need their permission to do so
    -i dont like those who dont call at all
    -i hate those who get angry easily
    -i really don't like those who dont have a sence of humour
    -i hate those who think they are gorgoeus and that their gfs are lucky to have them instead the other way round
    -i like quite shy,funny,normal to skinny,about 1.70cm,olive skin,green/blue eyes,dark brown hair guys who look at me in a sweeeet way haha.:rolleyes:
    And I don't like girls who can't spell.

ReputationRep:
    Guys who are way too clingy and/or have no self respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    The clingy, jealous "I am your man"-type of guy who keeps calling every 5 minutes to check where you are, who you're with and what you're doing. If you're honest and tell him you're with a male friend, he'll become angry/pissed/pmsing for not asking for his 'permission'. If you don't tell him, the relationship is still ******. Buah.
    Personal Experience ?

this thread should be called the lol thread as soo many girls are fantising over their dream guys

ReputationRep:
    Overly clingy, follow the herd, impolite, disrespectful and lack of intellegence :/

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.