Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    High pitched voice...YUCK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.
    I hear lists of essential features, traits and attributes are a real turn on for guys :yep:

ReputationRep:
    the biggest turn-off for me = a guy afraid of roller-coasters.
    and extremely arrogant jerks are the second worst.. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Don't like smokers, or drug users, or excessive drinkers
    Don't like guys that are up their own arses and thing they're god's gift with the ladies
    Don't like guys that want to change me to make me the way they want me - I'd quite like them to like me for who I am and just support me
    Don't like guys that don't seem interested in you - don't ever really call or text and aren't bothered about meeting up
    Don't like guys that are really possessive either, and won't let you go out and do your own thing
    And I really can't stand guys that can't hold intelligent conversations about important things in the world

Other than that, I'm not really too fussed
    Agree with you with everything you wrote ! Especially the part I put in bold, guys who like you but pretend they're not interested really piss me off, had a guy who was like this and he managed to break my heart twice (because I was foolish enough to let him back into my life after the first time)

Right now I think my boyfriend' is a pretty much perfect benchmark for what I would like if I get another boyfriend in the future: kind and caring without being too clingy and protective, funny, feels he can do things with his friends without feeling like he has to"ask for my permission" (I know some girls who want that), is only jealous to a certain extent - he know's most of my friends are guys and he's fine with me meeting up with them... he's also (at least I think so) goodlooking, with brown wavy hair and blue eyes and just the right height haha i'll stop talking about him now
    I also want to say that I don't think people should rule out what they don't like because you'll miss out on so much because of your standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    and arrogance would turn females off.
    HAHAHAHA

you're going to be a virgin till you're 40 if you keep believing that.

ReputationRep:
    My biggest turn off is short hair.
    After that come the things other people have listed, let me quote..
    (Original post by dexxus)
    Guys that keeps on checking you almost all of the time..
    Guys that are so possessive, restricting you with going out even with friends..
    Guys, that shouts at girls..
    Guys that are insensitive..
    Guys that aren't particular with special occasions ( relative to your relationship both )
    Bad taste in music is a huge turn off as well.

ReputationRep:
    Guys that lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    Bad taste in music is a huge turn off as well.
    Guaranteed your taste in music is below satisfactory.

ReputationRep:
    Physical appearance/features/etc I dislike: Blonde hair. Brown eyes. Lack of height. No taste in clothing. Too short of hair. Too long of hair. Small eyes. Lack of proportionality. Narrow shoulders. Cheap cologne. Crooked teeth. Too narrow a face. Upturned nose (even slightly). Biting one's lip. Too thin eyebrows. Too thin in general. Too fat in general. Worker's hands. Thin hair. Straight hair. No bum. Ugly smile. Too fat lips. Eyes too close together. Eyes too far apart. Once again, lack of proportionality. Features that age badly. Features that look distinctly unrefined. Features I associate with people I don't like. Lack of sex appeal. Most important in bold and/or underlined.

Thing I find hot appearance-wise/physically/etc.: Broad shoulders. Height 5'11" - 6'11". Brown slightly wavy hair. Green eyes. A certain stance that indicates dominance. A good smile. A mid-range tonality in voice coupled with certain accents. A slower blink than average. Blue eyes only with darker brown almost black hair. Barely there stubble reminiscent of an overgrown 5 o'clock shadow. Slightly longer unshaven stubble reminiscent of an artist. Just shaved that highlights the physical contours and proportionality of the face. The smell of expensive cologne.

Thing I don't tolerate personality-wise: Lack of confidence. Stupidity. Shyness.

Things I find attractive personality-wise in public and somewhat in private but in a slightly different way: Arrogance. Confidence. Wit. Intelligence. Force of character. Dominance. Sex appeal. Pride. Rhett Butler?

Things I find attractive personality-wise in private: Kindness. Wisdom. Combination of maturity and playfulness. Depth. Strong-willed. Sex appeal. Openness. Sense of humor. Someone who doesn't become quiet to punish the other person.

I have less standards in personality since that changes very much with overall package. I like certain traits in tandem with one another while they might be annoying separately. There are certain staples, but even they can be shifted depending on personality.

Physically, well, I know what sort of man I get turned on by and am attracted by thus I suppose that doesn't significantly change.

You and your proportionality... obv looking for the Vitruvian man. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Guaranteed your taste in music is below satisfactory.
    Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me?
    Wait, you want me to repeat myself? LOL

ReputationRep:
    Neediness, narrow shoulders, stupidity.

Anything else is negotiable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    Very specific indeed
    the bad thing, shes not even a looker

i'd expect a girl with similar standards to be ridiculiously hot.
    no offence to her.

ReputationRep:
    Moody, clingy guys. Overly jealous. Aggressive.
    Physically, I don't have a type really.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you want me to repeat myself? LOL
    Nah, your statement was so pointless I don't get what you mean. You don't even know me, how can you assume how good the music I'm into is?
    Get a life and stop commenting so negatively on what people say.

ReputationRep:

uhh

Favorite Quote
    It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    -E. Zapata
    Oh, nah, it's ok guys, she's just a tool.

ReputationRep:
    You don't even know me, how can you assume how good the music I'm into is?
    Anyone who's so shallow as to dislike someone for something as trivial as music taste is indefinitely stupid.

And stupid people have bad music tastes to boot.

ReputationRep:
    -i dont like too self centered/arrogant/selfish guys and the other way extremely shy-if he makes the first move then it's ok
    -i dont like those who call all the time and go like where are you?why didnt you call me,why didnt u say u are going there? like we need their permission to do so
    -i dont like those who dont call at all
    -i hate those who get angry easily
    -i really don't like those who dont have a sence of humour
    -i hate those who think they are gorgoeus and that their gfs are lucky to have them instead the other way round
    -i like quite shy,funny,normal to skinny,about 1.70cm,olive skin,green/blue eyes,dark brown hair guys who look at me in a sweeeet way haha.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's so shallow as to dislike someone for something as trivial as music taste is indefinitely stupid.

And stupid people have bad music tastes to boot.
    Well, you have no clue how big a part music is in my life. It might be trivial to you, whereas it won't be for somebody like me. I don't have to lower my standards because it's 'shallow' to single someone out because of their music taste. My list of turn offs is actually very short if you haven't noticed, and yet you call me shallow.. pff, what the heck.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you have no clue how big a part music is in my life.
    Unless you're a session musician. I can assume it plays a very small part in your life. If you're studying music then :rolleyes:

Also, I really am starting to believe your music taste sucks.

It might be trivial to you, whereas it won't be for somebody like me. I don't have to lower my standards because it's 'shallow' to single someone out because of their music taste. My list of turn offs is actually very short if you haven't noticed, and yet you call me shallow.. pff, what the heck.
    I'm starting to think you're just stupid.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.