Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    -i dont like too self centered/arrogant/selfish guys and the other way extremely shy-if he makes the first move then it's ok
    -i dont like those who call all the time and go like where are you?why didnt you call me,why didnt u say u are going there? like we need their permission to do so
    -i dont like those who dont call at all
    -i hate those who get angry easily
    -i really don't like those who dont have a sence of humour
    -i hate those who think they are gorgoeus and that their gfs are lucky to have them instead the other way round
    -i like quite shy,funny,normal to skinny,about 1.70cm,olive skin,green/blue eyes,dark brown hair guys who look at me in a sweeeet way haha.:rolleyes:
    All these features in a 1.7 cm guy?
    hmm i think thats way too much to ask for

p.s. if u like very shy boys, how the hell wd they get over that and make the 1st moves!!

ReputationRep:
    - I hate arrogance. Confidence is ok but it can be a fine line between the two...
    - Immaturity.
    - No sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    Well, you have no clue how big a part music is in my life.
    http://www.afunnystuff.com/forumpics/pplwhocares.jpg

ReputationRep:
    -Desperation/ being over-keen.
    -Guys who grope girls in clubs
    -Rubbish kissers
    -Spots
    -Bad dress sense
    -Shaved heads
    -Blonde hair
    -Pale skin
    -Ugly face (obvs)
    -Loads of tattoos and piercings
    -Conforms to any social stereotype ie, emo, chav
    -Being either too thin or fat
    -Being too passive or aggressive
    -Being too egotistical
    -Treating girls like ****
    -Shyness
    -No/immature sense of humour
    -Lack of intelligence and ambition
    -Having no car or money

Thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Don't like smokers, or drug users, or excessive drinkers
    Don't like guys that are up their own arses and thing they're god's gift with the ladies
    Don't like guys that want to change me to make me the way they want me - I'd quite like them to like me for who I am and just support me
    Don't like guys that don't seem interested in you - don't ever really call or text and aren't bothered about meeting up
    Don't like guys that are really possessive either, and won't let you go out and do your own thing
    And I really can't stand guys that can't hold intelligent conversations about important things in the world

Other than that, I'm not really too fussed
    So you don't want him to be possessive and for him to let you do your own thing, BUT he must call and text you... hmmmmm

Are you single much???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    Well, you have no clue how big a part music is in my life. It might be trivial to you, whereas it won't be for somebody like me. I don't have to lower my standards because it's 'shallow' to single someone out because of their music taste. My list of turn offs is actually very short if you haven't noticed, and yet you call me shallow.. pff, what the heck.
    Ok, King Crimson are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Unless you're a session musician. I can assume it plays a very small part in your life. If you're studying music then :rolleyes:

Also, I really am starting to believe your music taste sucks.

I'm starting to think you're just stupid.
    You're the one that sounds like an idiot and has nothing better to do than being an ******* on TSR. I can't imagine what a loser would bother arguing about a thing like this :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Smelly boys, bigots and anyone over 35...otherwise, Im not that picky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    the bad thing, shes not even a looker

i'd expect a girl with similar standards to be ridiculiously hot.
    no offence to her.
    Yep. Well the list alone is a major turn off anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Guys whose only hobbies are:

"Drinkin lmao avin a laff wiv ma mates n goin 2 da sunbeds propa mint crack lol"

:hmmm: Not impressed. And yes I know many lads exactly like this.

the bad thing, shes not even a looker

i'd expect a girl with similar standards to be ridiculiously hot.
    no offence to her.
    no offence to her? how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    Yep. Well the list alone is a major turn off anyway.
    Haha yeah, ironically so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no offence to her? how?
    that girl with the massive list of things she like and dislike about boys.[dont know her user name]
    if ur her, why post anonymous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LottanPottan)
    Agree with you with everything you wrote ! Especially the part I put in bold, guys who like you but pretend they're not interested really piss me off, had a guy who was like this and he managed to break my heart twice (because I was foolish enough to let him back into my life after the first time)

Right now I think my boyfriend' is a pretty much perfect benchmark for what I would like if I get another boyfriend in the future: kind and caring without being too clingy and protective, funny, feels he can do things with his friends without feeling like he has to"ask for my permission" (I know some girls who want that), is only jealous to a certain extent - he know's most of my friends are guys and he's fine with me meeting up with them... he's also (at least I think so) goodlooking, with brown wavy hair and blue eyes and just the right height haha i'll stop talking about him now
    I also want to say that I don't think people should rule out what they don't like because you'll miss out on so much because of your standards
    You Girls are nuts...

Just to clarify... are we supposed to call and text or not..

I hate it when he calls and texts, but he must call and text.. text, call, text, call, call, text....AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! !

ReputationRep:
    When he doesn't have all his own teeth and needs assistance when on the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToeRag)
    You Girls are nuts...

Just to clarify... are we supposed to call and text or not..

I hate it when he calls and texts, but he must call and text.. text, call, text, call, call, text....AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! !
    You are expected to do BOTH and NEITHER, at the same time.

Confused much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    When he doesn't have all his own teeth and needs assistance when on the toilet.
    it really frightens me when girls have such standards
    and what really petrifies me is
    btw is that your pic on ur profile?

ReputationRep:
    You are expected to do BOTH and NEITHER, at the same time.

Confused much?
    It's the girl who likes guys with the curly straight hair that I like..... ooo

ReputationRep:
    it really frightens me when girls have such standards
    and what really petrifies me is
    btw is that your pic on ur profile?
    You never finished saying what petrifies you?
    And yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erradhadh)
    No, but knowing exactly what one doesn't want is useful. If you know that you can't stand x why not make a point of avoiding it? I'm by no means advocating a stance that is unbendable. I think I make a point in the original post in saying that personality is much harder to define due to the amount of variation. The only thing that I keep hard and fast on are things I dislike.

And on the physical aspect - I could never be with someone who I didn't find sexually attractive. And I think it is no surprise that some people are more or less appearance-driven sexually. That doesn't make that person unable to appreciate personality or think that personality is unimportant. Frankly, I would want a guy to appreciate me on a raw, instinctual sexual and physical level and on an intellectual and emotional level. I am not one of those people who grows to find someone attractive. I am someone who wants someone at first sight on a physical level and then my attraction is amplified by their personality. I think it's important to know what kind of person you are on these issues.
    I like the approach... shame I am blonde :eek:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.