Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever seen a gun in real life? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a gun in real life?
    Yes
    77.83%
    No
    22.17%

ReputationRep:
    Used to be a cadet. Carried and used rifles ;D

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Own two of them

ReputationRep:
    yes. a beretta CX4 in america at a gun store. pay a few quid and you can fire anything from a magnum to a mp44 or ak47 lol

ReputationRep:
    I used to be in the TA, so yes, quite a few. Cleaning the buggers is a different matter entirely though, and I'm sure my hearing isn't as good as it used to be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    I used to be in the TA, so yes, quite a few. Cleaning the buggers is a different matter entirely though, and I'm sure my hearing isn't as good as it used to be...
    Earplugs work wonders mate, they have new ones now that completely cut out the noise of the shot. But yes cleaning can be a bit of a *****.

ReputationRep:
    In Israel they police the streets with assault rifles. I actually think its good because its like don't mess about otherwise you know whats gonna happen

ReputationRep:
    All the policeman have a real gun!!! All the people see guns in the streets all the day!!!

ReputationRep:
    yea, ive seen and fired Rifles and Shotguns, also held deactivated M1A1 Thompson and M1 Garand at an Armoury before. I went on work experiance with the RAF Regiment aswell earlier in the year and got to see all of their big guns, didnt get to fire live but had a go in the Virtual trainer which is like a massive playstation... i got to fire a makebelieve N-LAW rocket launcher aswell!!!! safe too say i missed the makebelieve tank lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    Earplugs work wonders mate, they have new ones now that completely cut out the noise of the shot. But yes cleaning can be a bit of a *****.
    They do or did indeed, as do ear defenders. The only trouble with teh later is that they'd always go skew-wiff or get caught on my helmet on the range, get in the way of the stock, or were just generally a pain in the arse. As to ear plugs, not such a good idea when on exercise, makes it rather hard to listen out for orders, etc...

ReputationRep:
    All the police in Egypt have assault rifles, forget guns lol

ReputationRep:
    I live in the USA at the moment. Enough said.

My parents don't own guns, in fact none of my US family are gun owners, we're all very much against guns.

However I've got friends whose parents and older siblings own guns, and that's where I've seen them.

ReputationRep:
    Actually we might be moving to SA or somewhere else in Africa for my wife's job. I'll certainly have to invest in some hardware and time down the range if we do so, there's no way any burglar will be making it out of our house alive that's for certain...

Now, I wonder if clamores are legal in SA, or trip-flares for that matter?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously. I would think the majority of people had seen a gun, even if its just in a museum or with a policeman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Actually we might be moving to SA or somewhere else in Africa for my wife's job. I'll certainly have to invest in some hardware and time down the range if we do so, there's no way any burglar will be making it out of our house alive that's for certain...

Now, I wonder if clamores are legal in SA, or trip-flares for that matter?
    Claymore? yea....... good luck with that just get a nice semi auto shotty it works well

ReputationRep:
    yeh ive seen loads

ReputationRep:
    Of course, plenty of mil and police hardware and a couple of street weapons. Come on, it's impossible to walk around any proper city and not see armed police.

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse.

Also fired rifles and shotguns

ReputationRep:
    Yes i have

ReputationRep:
    I first saw guns in Africa, it was actually rather scary when a man approached me and started shouting about having my camera out in front of a Government building - more scared about him taking my camera off me thhough - but just the presense of being infront of one was intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    I've used Rifles (w. live rounds) quite a few times in the Combined Cadet Force at my school. Used a shotgun once and a handgun a couple of times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.