Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever seen a gun in real life? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a gun in real life?
    Yes
    77.83%
    No
    22.17%

ReputationRep:
    In Pakistan, my uncle let me shoot his handgun (i don't know which one it was) into the river a few times to catch a fish. Was fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    All the police in Egypt have assault rifles, forget guns lol
    Hehheh, an Egyptian policeman let me hold one for a photo in exchange for a wadge of cash. Best picture ever.

(Original post by bk123345)
    In Pakistan, my uncle let me shoot his handgun (i don't know which one it was) into the river a few times to catch a fish. Was fun
    Did you catch the fish?

ReputationRep:
    Fired a rifle ten times (two spells of five bullets) during my brief time as an air cadet. Twas a Saturday thing.

Of course I hadn't brought my glasses, so the small target was just a blur. Still did well :proud:

I've also seen some guns at various airports- held by security of course :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Seen one? I very nearly shot an elderly teacher of mine with a rifle in a firing range near miss during a CCF outing.

ReputationRep:
    I've shot a shotgun a few times.

ReputationRep:
    Gun cleaning on our kitchen table is weekly pastime in my household.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a really old bolt action rifle cos we used it in a physics experiment. Yeah that's right, sometimes science can be interesting, bet you're all shocked now.

ReputationRep:
    I used to play with an Uzi Submachine gun when i was little and living in israel, as my cousins were in the army and were allowed to take their guns home with them on leave

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've seen 9mm's, a webley revolver, glock, beretta 92 and a MAC 10 with an extended clip, all of them didn't have a license for it on our very safe streets of north west london.

ReputationRep:
    Many; shooting is quite a fun thing to do

ReputationRep:

I have seen these two in the past few days! I also passed a member of the CIRA in Armagh armed in what locals said was thier proctection from the police there is a you tube video of him too............ somewhere......

ReputationRep:
    Yh, there were a few AK-47's at a house I was staying at over the summer in Iraq. They are a thing of beauty, AK's.

Here is a picture I snapped. I dont see the attraction of taking pictures with the gun in my hand particularly, its a bit common.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3661/img8911up.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Fired a glock a couple of years ago and an army rifle which has the power to blow someones arm off

ReputationRep:
    I've fired an air rifle in a shooting range; and then in foreign countries you see the police officers/army men in the airports with guns like AK-47s or something lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sour_Cherry)
    actually i've just realised that i have seen a gun, mostly cops in london:rolleyes: haha, but i'm meaning like up close and being able to hold it.
    I was in my dads office looking for some money so I could go out cos he wasnt home, and I went in a high up drawer in his wardrobe and found a revolver wrapped in a cloth, it had bullets in aswell, ready to shoot.

Should I bring it up with him?

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at my guns now - aching a little too!

ReputationRep:
    Nope :no:

ReputationRep:
    A variety also been shot and have a nice scar on my arm

Guns are fun

ReputationRep:
    My old landlord left behind loads of antique guns that were still capable of firing when he sold us the house. O, and we looked after a gun for somebody once upon a time. Knives scare me, i'd be fine with getting shot as long as it wasn't filled with hollow points.

ReputationRep:
    Surely anyone who has walked passed buckingham palace would have seen those armed soldiers :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.